Question about gallstones

ready-4-new-start
on 8/20/15 1:23 pm - Canada

Just wondering if they will take out the gallbladder when they do the rny.. Or will it be two separate surgeries!! Two months ago I started to get some pain thought it was pulled muscle but as time went on the pain got worse with other symptoms.. Got ultrasound done said gallstones.. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/20/15 2:50 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

That's a good question worth phoning your centre about - especially if they did the ultrasound.  Depending on how bad the gallstones were, they may want to operate on that sooner than later.  I know when I had mine, they were gone within a month b/c the pain was ridiculous. 

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

RachelleJ
on 8/20/15 5:38 pm - Canada

I had been referred to Dr. Hong's office about my gallbladder and when I was in for the consultation I said I was thinking about WLS and if it was possible to do them at the same time. I was told yes and since my gallstones haven't been bugging me it was ok to wait to go through the the WLS process.  I was told to jus****ch my fat intake while I wait. 

ready-4-new-start
on 8/20/15 6:03 pm - Canada

Thanks I went to my family Dr as I was stilling wanting for my appointments.. After I got the ultrasound done finally got appointment to meet surgery on September 9 with Dr Hagen. When I went to my Dr family the other day got the results she said she going to send me to surgeon I ask if I could just go through the surgeon I am seeing for wls.. Pain is not too bad but it's constant every since it started but now I have pain upper stomach feel extremely bloated neasated. Just hoping that I can hold out until I get bypass.. Hope I can void two surgeries.. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Most Active
Recent Topics