4 yr check up - and checking in

Derek C.
on 8/12/15 8:07 am - North Bay , Canada

Hi all - quick background - 4 yrs out - superstar the first couple of years - struggling now , Wife also 4 yrs out , she has had big time struggles - developed and eating disorder - hospitalized - forced to eat too much during treatment and now struggling because gaining back weight again . Anyways - I'm going to TWH on Tuesday for my 4 yr follow up and really i feel like I'm going to lose it on everyone there - I know its not "their fault" for our struggles but really - this has been nothing but a nightmare for me .  I used to be leaving the choir on this surgery , but now  i really don't know anymore .  I wish everyone the best of luck in their battles cause believe me - its more of a battle than anyone realizes .

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

crqvingchange
on 8/12/15 11:51 am

I am very sorry to hear about the struggles that you and your wife are experiencing.  Hopefully TWH can help get you both back on track.  It is fortunate that you both can be there for each other.  Wishing you luck.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 8/12/15 12:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear the battles continue. I hope you get the answers you need at your visit. Come back here more often. We like to hear how you are

BluIzGal
on 8/12/15 12:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I feel for you Derek. I just had my 3rd year follow up at TWH and I pretty much went off on them about the surgery and at times, lack of support I've received. I went in to surgery with a comorbiity of bilateral hip pain - that's it. Still have it and now a slew of other health issues.  I've never sang the praises of this surgery (yeah, I lost weight but now I can't physically enjoy what I did pre-op) and have always wished I could turn back time and not had the surgery.  I left my 3 year follow up even more angry (after explaining my declining health to the third professional that day) telling them I didn't think I'd be returning for my 4 year appointments. I hope yours goes better. 

Most Active
Recent Topics