Skin removal - Pembroke

Kristina1987
on 3/25/15 9:44 pm - Canada

Hey everyone!

I have not used this site regularly since having my gbs July of 2011! I am going for abdominal skin removal with Dr. Colleen Haney in Pembroke Ontario in June just curious if there are any members on the site that have had her has a surgeon and what I should expect my results to be!

Thanks a bunch!

Dreamy74
on 3/25/15 11:34 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Kristina I have no advice for you but wanted to say good luck and hope everything goes well!  I am sure you will do great!  And congrats on all of your weight loss!!!

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

kellybelly333
on 3/26/15 12:56 am - Toronto, Canada

I didn't have that surgeon. Just wondering what exactly you're having done. A panniculectomy? Will there be muscle tightening? Or are you having a full tummy tuck (fleur de lis)?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Kristina1987
on 3/26/15 12:09 pm - Canada

abdominal excess removed no muscle repair they don't suspect I will need it my abdomen is pretty tight aside from the sloppy stuff... promises that I will not look like ground beef coming outta there... and they're fixing my button and taking the excess below the pelvis also. Will be as tight as they can get it :) if it needs fixing ill pay for revision but this step will knock a lot off the dollar and my clothes will fit better.

kellybelly333
on 3/26/15 7:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

I had muscle tightening, but sounds like a panniculectomy. I personally didn't find it too painful at all. I didn't take any meds out of recovery. Others do not have the same luck. I did have a scar revision, and that hurt a lot more, as it was worked, in the same spot, more than once. (Something about the nerve endings being worked on in the same area).

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Kristina1987
on 3/30/15 3:45 am - Canada

very nice, who was your doctor? I am not too concerned about it... what was your recovery time?? she didn't specify but I do know there will be more skin removed then just the panni itself.

kellybelly333
on 3/30/15 5:22 am - Toronto, Canada

Dr. Musgrave at St. Mike's in Toronto. I was off for two weeks....they suggest more. I didn't have that time, but I was fine. 

Most Active
Recent Topics