Waiting to see surgeon

Canadajet
on 1/6/15 9:33 am

hi. I was seen oct 20 at Humber for the info session. Was told in dec that they are still working on sept sessions and I called today and  they said the same thing. Anyone else having the same experience? 

Seyenna
on 1/6/15 1:41 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

HRRH is backlogged, sadly. About 75 of us had to have our surgeries at TWH so they could catch up. Seems like they're still behind. Be well, it will come before you know it.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Canadajet
on 1/6/15 7:42 pm

Thanks for the support. Just frustrated but I will persevere. 

Seyenna
on 1/6/15 7:51 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Honestly I'm the worst one to talk about patience. I called every day until I had a surgery date. When I was told back in September that my surgeon had a wait time of next April I was pretty upset. Others in the same center were sliding through, people who had referrals after mine. I did everything I could to push past, including writing my MP and MPP. Eventually they got sick of me calling the managers and sent a bunch of us off to TWH, lol. I made sure to leave messages with my name on it so that A) They'd have to call me back and B) They'd remember my name. It worked.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel really DOES get the grease. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 1/6/15 8:54 pm - Canada

I see you posted on my thread too, but I am completely in the same boat as you!!!! (and I was one of those September Orientations - and still don't have an assessment date!!!!!)

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one though!!

Heather

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

Canadajet
on 1/7/15 8:11 am

So glad to hear from you.  I will look forward to chatting to talk about how it went, what to expect.  A little scared and excited which I think is normal.

Sandra L.
on 1/7/15 1:55 am

My orientation was in Aug. 25, didn't get my trio appointments till November and they are for Feb.   I thought the whole point of the Bariatric registry was to make things fair.  Doesn't seem fair to me.   Sine I've started this whole process I am closer to Guelph then Humber.  Wondering if anyone knows the process to switch centers and if its worth switching?

March 2014 Doctor sent referal, Orientation Humber Aug 2014, Surgeon Nov. 2014, Trio Appt. Feb 2015 - Request transfer to Guelph Mar. 2015 Orientation Guelph April 9th, 2015 Initial one-on-one May 5th, 2015. Trio Appt. Aug. 14th, 2nd Trio Oct. 16.  Nov. 20 Approved. , Meeting Surgeon Dec. 23.  Opti Fast Jan. 14th, Surgery Date:  Jan. 28th 2016

CLP_Guelph
on 1/7/15 2:08 am - Canada

I am in Guelph and it has taken almost a year from referral.  Guelph is also much stricter on the eating and things than others.  I know 2 people from barrie that had orientation at the same time as me and had their surgery 4 months ago.  However I am happy that they take the care to make sure you are 100% ready for the surgery.  Our surgeons are fantastic as well.   Best wishes with your journey.

bphilli2002
on 1/7/15 5:36 am

I'm from Thunder Bay and just a 8 days post surgery. Our clinic here is phenomenal! I first received my letter of acceptance in to the program in May 2014...my orientation was set for September 22!

I thought my gosh...this is going to take forever!!!! I was totally mistaken! Between the end of September and my surgery date on Dec. 30th (3 months!) It was a whirlwind...and then add in Christmas...and 3 weeks of Optifast during the holidays!

Our program has just received 2 wonderful surgeons this past summer...if there is open OR time, like over the holidays they were adding patients. Surgeries twice a week! Wonder if you can be referred up here? I know we have a huge catchment area...Manitoba border to I think White River...but, if you push...maybe...I don't know.

Good luck with surgeries! I know the waiting would have just about driven me out of my mind! I was so ready for it!!!xxoo

Canadajet
on 1/7/15 8:09 am

Congratulations!  I think the big issue is post op follow up.  Live in Toronto so the flight would be expensive.  I will look at other options i.e. TWH, but for now I need to make sure that I do not get too frustrated.

thanks

diana

Most Active
Recent Topics