What are you eating/doing today (Christmas Day)

Zizzler
on 12/24/14 9:40 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope everyone is keeping warm and relaxed and enjoying today.  Managed to limit my sweets to 1 shortbread cookie last night, as planned.  It was not easy, there were a lot of treats all over the place, so I am pretty proud of myself. Yes, having none would have been better but I managed to avoid all other temptation, so I consider it a solid trade-off. What I did was I chose my absolute favourite and I ate it slowly and mindfully, that really helped.  This morning I have all to myself so I will be making a special breakfast and this afternoon and evening will be dinner with a few family members, board games, maybe a movie, very relaxed. 

4.5 months post op

b - psyllium egg white and milk "crepe/wrap" with nsa jam

s - premier protein shake

l - leftover lentils and onions

s - laughing cow cheese on fresh celery

d -  roast pork, roast turkey, a little sweet potato and cranberries, asparagus, cheese, pickle

s -  decaf coffee of orange pekoe tea, 1 small slice of traditional fruit bread with butter

all vits and water

Have a nice day Everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 12/24/14 10:02 pm

Good morning everyone and Merry Christmas.  This will be my last post for a few days as DH and I are going to be away.  Today I got on the scale and way not happy with a 3lb gain.  I am putting it down to salt in the Chinese food I ate for lunch and dinner last night (leftovers).  We are going out to a Christmas buffet today so I will try to stick to protein.  It's very difficult to pass up Christmas treats Zizzler, good for you for limiting it to one shortbread, yesterday I had 4 throughout the day, my friend baked savoury shortbread for me without sugar, just different cheeses.

I am not going to list my food today because I am not sure what I will be having at the buffet.

May all of you have a safe and happy Christmas, free of stress and full of love 

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 1:29 am

It has happened to me too with salty foods, I stay the same or gain a few.  Usually gone again within a few days but ugh it is disheartening. Wish you a merry Christmas too!

msmuggins
on 12/25/14 12:03 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks so much for providing a link to the recipe for the psyllium and egg white wrap!  What a great idea!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 1:34 am

You are most welcome msmuggins.  The site where the recipe is has a dozen variations on this wrap but I have only tried the plain one.  For me they feel more like crepes, but maybe that is because I eat them before they cool down.  I can only eat 1/3 of the recipe at a time btw, they are very filling! 

Patm
on 12/25/14 3:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Couldn't get to my computer until now. Did not do well yesterday eating. Too much cheese. Had a nice breakfast with my kids. We made the waffles and bacon and eggs. I had the scrambled eggs but they made me sick so feed it to my daughters dog. I am going to try to eat better today.

b egg bacon

l greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

d turkey, acorn squash, yam

Have a great Christmas everyone

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 5:23 am

Eggs make me sick too sometimes Pat, especially fried eggs for some reason.  Hope you have a merry Christmas too!

Patm
on 12/25/14 11:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Fried eggs I can handle but scrambled not so much

Zizzler
on 12/25/14 12:32 pm

Isn't it funny how we are al different?

pegawatt
on 12/25/14 10:03 am - Canada

a little of everything I shouldn't

Most Active
Recent Topics