I need some support

Stefanie M.
on 12/15/14 5:29 am - Canada

Or maybe just a friend to talk to. I've been a post op for 2 years now. went from 309 lbs to 135..but gained back 30. I've lost all motivation to eat healthy or even keep my quantities in line. I was just wondering if anyone could lend me an ear and some advice.

It's hard to talk to people who have not been in this boat before.

Thanks

Stef

Surgery November 26th 2012

June 2013 reached my goal weight!             

Patm
on 12/15/14 5:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Not sure what to tell you. Can you remember why you wanted this surgery. Did being thin give you more mobility or ability to do things. If you can remember this perhaps you can work with your centre to find out why you over eat now. I would really urge you to make an appointment with the psych and see if they can give you some coping skills.

Good luck

sky_624
on 12/15/14 6:07 am - Canada

Hi Stef

The best thing for you to do is go back to the support group at the hospital and see your dietition

They will help you get back on track.

You can do it Stef

All the best

sellarsgal
on 12/15/14 6:42 am - Oshawa, Canada

First of all, congratulations on losing 175lbs! You've gained back 30 and I'm sure you don't want to gain any more. It's a scary thing to start gaining back the weight. That is my fear one day, I ask myself do I have what it takes to keep it off? Luckily there is a lot of professional support available to us. I know for me there is a lot more food around at Christmas! I would contact your center. Please don't beat yourself up, this is a life time journey. Good luck! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/15/14 9:20 am - Windsor, Canada

Use your centre's professionals.  Get thee to a support group.  Find a mentor.  A new years is coming and it CAN be lost.  It will be slow and will be hard work but many of us have been there and done that.  It's going to be all in the choices that you make. Start by cutting out the simple sugars.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 12/15/14 7:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome back, Stef. You took a great first step reaching out here on the forum. For advice and guidance I am with Dawn - your bariatric centre professionals are there for you, use them. For motivation... well, that one is on you. The battle against obesity is a life-long task that doesn't end with maintenance, as you've found out. Mindful eating is for life.

Post here on the forum for questions, advice and support - we are here for you. Join in the What are You Eating thread each day to get back into the routine of planning daily menus, tracking your food input, and accountability. Use myfitnesspal.com to keep yourself honest and to get a true picture of every single bite you are putting in your mouth.

Losing the regain is completely doable and possible - but you have to want it and be willing to work at it. I am happy to help.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 12/16/14 4:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi there. I noticed that you posted a year ago asking for support as you were diagnosed with an eating disorder, close to anorexia. I would definitely call your centre and get the support you need. Was it the centre that gave you that diagnosis a year ago? You also mentioned before that you're a long-distance runner and you eat a lot (although the menu you posted along with that comment was a great menu, and didn't look like "too much" to me). Are you still running? 

The professionals at your centre are there for you...for five years total. Call them!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics