Almost-9-months post-op update

kayakgirl
on 8/12/14 7:41 am - Canada

Hello all, 

It's been quite an eventful trip! I had surgery last November 25 and here's a summary of my 9 month successes; 80 pounds lost (from 260 before opti), no loss of hair, few gastric issues, was on 5 meds presurgery and on none now (!!!!), hiking/kayaking/cycling is super easy now, can cross legs elegantly, wear a size 14 (not 22!), visit scale at most once a week, have a neck, and generally feel great!

My weight loss has slowed down a lot. It seems like I've been hovering around 180 for quite a while. I'm hoping to end up around 160. Do you think I'll make it?

Congratulations to all of you who have chosen to take this step. You are truly reclaiming your lives!!!!

Jennifer

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 8:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

Congratulations to YOU.

I love that word - "elegantly". I'm pretty sure no one has ever described any body movements on my part as such.

LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kathie1212
on 8/12/14 9:52 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

great job :) thanks for posting. it's so Encouraging!

roxytrim
on 8/12/14 10:50 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

hi there kayakgirl, I remember you when you were just coming to terms to choose surgery.  It sounds like you are glad you did!  Eventhough we were both just "lightweights", doesn't it make a major difference to drop the bulk?  I realize just how much I was compromising my way of life to accomodate my extra weight.  

I am now hovering around 152, at 5ft7, I think we are similar.  You will make it to your goal, just give it time and live your life like you are going to live the rest of it.  I have a close friiend who has just taken the first step on the surgery journey.  I keep trying to explain how much less burden she will feel down the road and the sooner she embraces this tool, the sooner she can really start living again.  

Keep on floating down that river!

Patm
on 8/12/14 9:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It gets slower as you near the one year mark but follow your plan and it will happen. Congratulations on your success so far

Most Active
Recent Topics