update on my "awful news"

RYMEBE73
on 7/4/14 2:20 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

The Guelph Bariatric Clinic surprised me to no end today...they have totally made me feel so much better about myself and reiterating to use the tools that I did learn during my non-surgical program.  My personal life is a HUGE mess, (financially, especially) which has made my anxiety and depression flare up which has made me not want to think about anything other than being able to make sure I can provide for my children, I've been through the court system for the last 2 years trying to get my child support coming on time, there's been a few times I haven't seen anything for almost 2 months...having a home, 3 kids, trying to budget the income wasn't going well at all as I on my own did not make enough to sustain the life we'd had...I'm in the midst of making some really big and difficult decisions which, crossing fingers here, will work out this time.  I have the knowledge, it's just sitting myself down and telling myself to smarten up, but when you're severly depressed and the meds you are taking don't seem to help, crying yourself to sleep every night...kind of hard to think about planning meals...

Now for some amazing news - I really won't have to wait a full 2 years after this program finished, as the nurse mentioned today, the process takes about 18 months to do, I can re-refer in 6 months but she did mention that I have to use the tools provided, prove to them that I am changing, and working towards a healthier me...

I believe my time will come, when I'm ready for it...it took me a night's sleep (not a great one either) to fully appreciate the tools we have to help us be healthy.

So, want to apologize to those I felt the need to defend my position to, I was in a different state of mind, feeling down as yet again I wa**** with another delay...so thank you for being honest and forthright with your comments, they've been noted and hopefully will be put to good use.

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 2:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good for you. I'm really pleased that you're at peace with this and ready to face it all again when the time comes. Life sucks when it gets in the way - thankfully things have a way of working themselves out.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 7/4/14 2:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You appear to have a lot on your plate. I hope you are able to get things under control and feel more positive. Good luck on your continued journey

TES
on 7/4/14 3:25 am - Ottawa, Canada

Keep strong and keep fighting! 

Life can be overwhelming enough without health issues, I admire you for keeping your head above water as well as you have.

Take care of yourself and remember to find time to laugh and smile ...

TES

Most Active
Recent Topics