3 Years Later - a little long

Patm
on 6/30/14 11:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on your journey. It sounds like it has been bumpy but you are ding well now. I hope all continues to just get better

Zizzler
on 6/30/14 11:04 pm

Thank you for posting your story and so happy you are doing well.  I am still pre-op and last night I woke up from a terrible nightmare last night.  Took me a while to get back to sleep my heart was racing.  I know that surgery is the right choice for me but I am still afraid of the unknown.  I like your comment that the strength will come when we need it. 

Catw
on 7/1/14 1:01 am - Arnprior, Canada

It's normal to feel the way you do.  Everyone is afraid of change, and this will be a big change. The journey won't always be smooth, but it's worth it.  You will have the strength to do it.  And when you feel you don't have enough, your friends and support groups will be there to lend you more.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 7/1/14 1:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

HUGE congratulations to you, Cathy! You've overcome many challenges with grace and dignity - I'm proud of you. Wishing you much happiness and good health!

K xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Catw
on 7/1/14 1:13 am - Arnprior, Canada

Thanks Karen!  More challenges coming up, but I have lots of friends, here and in town and at work.  I'll get through all this.

As for right now, I'm heading out shortly to go help work a Lion's BBQ.  Should be a great time!

Happy Canada day!

Cathy

kellybelly333
on 7/1/14 1:37 am - Toronto, Canada

Beautiful post. Congrats CathY!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

mum2TNT
on 7/1/14 9:48 am - Oshawa, Canada

HUGS Cathy! I am a newbie and have been on the board maybe a month, was just referred by my doctor on May 29 and haven't heard anything yet.  I have read many of your posts and always think.....'this girl is awesome and sounds so sweet!  You are a huge part of this board for me!  Your answers to different posts are ALWAYS positive and supportive.  I wish you only the best as you continue with the changes you are making in your life

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

kathie1212
on 7/1/14 10:53 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

thanks for sharing your storey:) It's so inspiring!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics