Yogurt?

Cottagenanny
on 1/25/14 11:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Hi, I have one more week of opti and am buying items for after surgery.  Just wondering what kind of low fat no sugar greek yogurt most people buy?  Do you buy plain and add flavourings?  Also what kind of oatmeal is anyone eating?   

Thanks.  

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/14 12:14 pm

oatmeal doesn't work for me (yet) so can't help you there.  I get a the Cosco 3-pack greek yogurt.  truly the real thing ... exceptional quality and value.  i sometimes drizzle it with a wee bit of honey or eat sliced peaches with it.  that all being said, follow your post-op instructions for eating.  adding honey is probably a big no no for many, but had a VSG so i can manage it.  rny will probably be different.

congratulations and all the best!  ;)

highlandbear
on 1/25/14 12:21 pm - Canada

I like the the source greek yogurt only 50 calories low in the sugar and you can get flavor ones. I love the cherry

Zizzler
on 1/25/14 1:10 pm

Totally agree about the taste of the cherry source greek yogurt highlandbear - lemon flavour is nice too. Also a fan of silhouette sf greek yogurt mixed berry flavour- it has an extra nice texture.

highlandbear
on 1/26/14 10:44 am - Canada

I tried the lemon but did not like it. I will have to look out for mixed berry. The cherry one has saved me. There are times I start to eat dinner and my stomach will say no way but I can always get the yogurt into me.

KarenHope
on 1/25/14 12:22 pm
RNY on 04/15/13

I buy President's choice 0% fat Greek yogurt.Torani syrups of any flavour make a nice change of flavour. I have also added Jello sugar free pudding powder, one package of powder mixed into a 500 ML tub of yogurt. It makes it much thicker, almost to a cheesecake consistency. 

As for the oatmeal, I bought steel cut oats. They take longer to cook but have a nice flavour. 

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

merry1
on 1/25/14 9:33 pm - Canada

My fave is Skotidakis 0% - its low in carbs and has 18g protein in 3/4 cup.  Rabba sells it for 3.99 but I have found that every store does not carry it.  I add it to my meals, on cereal at breakfast or a tbsp or so at any meal.  Keep us up to date with your surgery -- you must be very excited!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/26/14 12:23 am - Windsor, Canada

I agree on the Source ones.  The cherry is to die for!!!  I tried the Silhouette ones and hate the flavours. Love all the Source ones!!  I go between the regular and the greek style all the time. So many wonderful flavours!!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

munchkinn
on 1/26/14 12:34 am

Hi, I just switched to full fluid diet the other day. I bought source greek yogurt 0%. Pay attention to the % cause I forgot my first time to the store and bought the wrong one. At least I noticed before opening it. They don't really want us to eat seeds this early out so I wouldn't go with steeled cut oats just yet. I bought the quick oats. They said no instant and this was the only other kind I had seen at the store I was at. Hope it helps. Oh and cream of wheat, I didn't think I would like it but I was wrong. It isn't bad.

Fay

Leanne1
on 1/26/14 1:07 am - Newmarket, Canada

Just remember each centre is different. TWH says we can have oatmeal. BUT whether it agrees with each person, is also a different story.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics