Looking for breakfast muffin recipe

Katiebear291
on 1/2/14 11:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Hi I am looking for a muffin recipe that would be good for breakfast and snacks, is easy to take to work and has at least 10-15g of protein and low on calories .. probably made with oatmeal.

I cant tolerate most breakfast foods like eggs or yogurt but i am usually ok with eggs added as part of a recipe.

would appreciate any links or alternative suggestions like a protein bar recipe or something.

Thanks - katie

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Catw
on 1/2/14 11:41 pm - Arnprior, Canada

There is an OH recipe forum (http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/).  Check it out and see if there is anything there that interests you.  There is a thread started for breads and muffins.

Cathy

Katiebear291
on 1/2/14 11:50 pm, edited 1/2/14 11:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thanks - looks like a closed group so i will be waiting for approval if it is still active p hah by the time i replied i was approved! yay

Nanato2
on 1/3/14 1:51 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Go to eggface.com she has lots of recipe for muffins.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

zephie
on 1/3/14 2:19 am - Moose Factory, Canada

http://well-girl.com/banana-nut-brownies/

My daughter makes these all the time for quick breakfast. She eliminates nuts and she makes 9 muffins rather than squares. You can also use any protein powder rather than the one the recipe suggests. Hope this helps.

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Susan M.
on 1/3/14 4:12 am

About 19.2 grams of protein if you don't make the 'frosting'.

I know the carbs are bad but I'm not able to get my protein shakes down, and i'm afraid i'm not getting in enough protein despite all the chicken/tuna/egg/cheese i'm eating.

I might give these a shot.

Katiebear291
on 1/4/14 9:21 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Those look great! i am definitely going to try them!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/14 9:12 am

someone hear posted about using ATKINS (bread/baking) MIX that packs a crazy amount of protein and is an equal substitute to using flower in a recipe.  it is on my list of things to try this month as i am really craving a muffin-type option bust can't tolerate the amount of sugar and possible artificial bits featured in bakeshops.

anyone else here use the ATKINS baking products?  how do you find it?

Most Active
Recent Topics