scrambled eggs

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 1:04 am - Canada

I tried a scrambled egg yesterday, used non stick pan no butter no cream and had 2 maybe 3 bites and started throwing up.  I do a lot of throwing up.  I had surgery on Dec 6  I should be in minced now but I am terrified of it

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

reenie33
on 12/30/13 1:16 am

I had Dr Sohi as well. I found that the transitional stage was a tough one for me too.. ALOT OF THROWING UP , THE FOAMIES, AND WRETCHING. Just keep trying different things. Also I found that I could eat say those scrambled eggs one time, no trouble, Then the next time I ate them, I was  feeling deathly. Maybe try egg whites only, yolks have alot of fat (maybe your sensitive to fats) I nuke mine plain then add a tbsp of salsa.

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 9:26 am - Canada

Thanks Reenie, I am supposed to be in minced but I am terrififed of it because of all the throwing up I have already done

Patm
on 12/30/13 1:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Try poached eggs. For some reason the scrambled still often upsets my stomach. Good luck

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 9:27 am - Canada

Thanks Pat and yes poaches sits fine

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/13 7:18 am

oh tammy - so sorry about your bad reaction.  as the other posted said,  one day you can tolerate it the next day you can't and vice versa.  so sorry.  

maybe a few months from now you will manage with it.  or you will be like me and now be scared for life.

hang tough.

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 9:28 am - Canada

Thanks Picante and yes I am terrified I am supposed to be on minced but can't get the courage up LOL

Nerak
on 12/30/13 8:09 am - Canada

Hi Tammy, 

It'll get better I am sure. In the meantime, I also have lots of trouble with eggs and really don't try eating them right now since I have barfed them too many times. I can't stand poached eggs either. 

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 9:29 am - Canada

Thanks Nerak I sure hope it does get better and soon lol

nmcgreen
on 12/30/13 9:24 am - Canada

I can eat lots of textures but can not do eggs still! Sad, because I love them!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Most Active
Recent Topics