Got my date - DS surgery in Hamilton

Lana00
on 12/20/13 9:36 am, edited 12/20/13 9:40 am

I was supposed to have my surgery today and the date was postponed. I received a call today with my new date....January15th! It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but now I can start planning for this.  

:)

kimber291
on 12/20/13 10:00 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Congrats!! 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Lana00
on 12/20/13 10:13 am

Thanks, :)

Katiebear291
on 12/20/13 10:55 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

omg please tell me you weren't in the hospital all ready to be opened up and they post-poned it on you! That was my worst nightmare!

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Lana00
on 12/30/13 11:04 am

Lol! What an image! Thankfully, no!  I didn't even start Opti or anything.  I was given a date and 2 days later, it was canceled. 

merly6800
on 12/21/13 9:39 pm - Canada

Congratulations!  Enjoy the ride!

mommy2eee
on 12/30/13 10:28 am - Burlington, Canada

That's great!  Are you at St Joes?  How long have you been waiting?  I have my orientation in March. 

Lana00
on 12/30/13 11:23 am

Hello,

I am through St. Joe's. I was referred around October 2012 (I can't remember for certain). I met with the surgeon late October 2013 and again 3 weeks later. I took that time to consider what which surgery I was going to have. All of my other tests and appointments were done by this time. I was given a date of December 20th for surgery and that one was canceled. I wins given a new date of January 15th. I'm hoping that this doesn't get canceled! Especially since I'm on Opti fast diet and would hate to have to re do any of these days. Lol. 

It feels like a long wait. I wanted it to happen the moment I spoke to my family doc about it. There will be a time where you feel quite busy trying to get everything done. But for now....you wait...and wi**** was sooner!

when you read about other centers having appointments at different times, etc. just remember that every center is different. Try not to get too hung up on that. ;)

best of luck through your process!

mommy2eee
on 12/30/13 12:18 pm - Burlington, Canada

Thank you so much!  Fingers crossed for your surgery date!!  

Can I ask what type of testing you had to do?  Is it the same for all or specific to an individual (or both??)

do you know if there are any support groups out our way?  I'm in Burlington. 

Thanks!

Lana00
on 12/30/13 10:31 pm
I'm not sure of support groups, but I think that OH has a site for that. I'm in London. As for testing, I think that it's the same for everyone. There was a lot of blood work that needed to get done. There was a fee for a couple of the tests. Maybe $50, I can't remember now. You needed an ECG (I get some tests mixed up). I got both of these done at a LifeLabs clinic. You need a scope down your throat, gastrectomy? That was done at St. Joe's as the wait time was less there than it would have been in London. I ha5 to go for a sleep test and was diagnosed with Sleep apnea so I had to go for a second one once I had my cpap machine. As for appointments a( the clinic, I met with the dietician, a social worker, the internist and the surgeon. I am going today to meet with the dietician again as I'm having a different surgery (DS Duodenal Switch) and there are some differences with the diet afterwards. I will also have to go back for a pre-op appointment. So, once you see all of these listed, you understand why it gets so busy at times. Take care!

Most Active
Recent Topics