What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 11/30/13 8:14 pm, edited 11/30/13 8:18 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Cant believe I slept in.....Hope this is the shape of things to come........out for lunch today.....home tonight.....will pick up a few things to cook for dinner tonight as the fridge is bare

STEPS - 6900

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 egg

L - Small Caesar salad with grilled chicken

D - 4 oz roasted chicken

Couple of carrots

few bites of mashed potatoes

bit of gravy

glass of wine

S - 1 Purdy's Sweet Georgia Brown....the last of them

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,481,  Carbs - 64 grams,  Fat - 65 grams,  Protein - 106 grams

Not bad stats.....but tomorrow is the start of my new "life" and return to better eating.....

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

PepperBB
on 11/30/13 9:39 pm - Canada

Happy Sunday!

Hope all is well. I think I am ready to go back to work!

B-protein shake

S-protein shake

L-Beef broth

S-3 crackers, pate and laughing cow points

D-homemade beef stew

S-1/2 cup of lime jello.

total calories -508 (before gym)

carbs-27g

fat-14g

protien-72g

Have a great Sunday!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Patm
on 11/30/13 9:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Hope the sleeping continues. I find I eat better when I have had sleep. Had a nice dinner at my sons last night. I was concerned my brother was going to be there but my son forgot to invite him. SO now I wont see him until December 22nd. There will be so many people I can avoid him.

Yesterday I forgot to put my fitbit on when i went for a long walk with the dog. SO my numbers are low. Try better today

b 2 eggs, 2 bacon

l tuna mayo melba toast , apple

s protein shake with skim milk

d chicken with cheese and tomato

chocolate pudding

cal 1022, carb 80, prot 92

Onward and
Downward

on 11/30/13 10:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

That menu looks great, Barb!  Enjoy your transition day before the new regime. :)

Friday was my last day of work before a bit of vacation.  The only days I'm going in to work this month are December 6, 9, 10, 11, and 16.  However, I'm going to have to do a bit of work tomorrow just to make sure I don't spend my first four days off worrying.

I'm leaving this afternoon for my mom's place and I'll be there from tonight until Wednesday.  As a way of remembering my grandmother who died in October, we're going to have several days of Christmas baking - we're going to do all of her German recipes, plus we'll do the recipes we've added in over the years (including one I came up with last year).  I'm very excited about it, because we're making them to mostly give away, or to have on hand at our houses for entertaining.  I'm a little nervous though.  Last year around this time I had just had surgery and was off for six weeks, and I did Christmas baking - and I had absolutely no desire to eat anything I had baked.  I made tons of cookies and didn't even eat one, didn't want one.  This year it's different.  So I hope I'm not setting myself up here. 

But I have a strategy: I am going to plan good meals and snacks and prepare them all in the morning before starting the baking, and I will turn to them while baking.  I'm going to make sure to include lots of veggies for nibbling between meals when I get the craving to nibble on the goodies (cucumbers, etc.) and a couple of the things we're making (chicken spread) are actually very WLS-friendly.  I'm determined to do this right.  I'm also going to make sure to take protein shakes, light ricotta cheese and what's left of the berries in the fridge with me since the ricotta and berries is a comfort food and treat for me.  And I might take a few protein bars too, in case I get attacked by a sweet tooth while baking.  Half a protein bar can generally make that subside.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt with 2 tbsps dried cranberries and 1 oz almonds

L - Tim Horton's chili (I'll probably be out doing some shopping before going to Mom's)

S - More light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup mixed raspberries and blackberries (on the road on the way to Mom's, so it's easy to pack and I like it)

D - Not sure because I'll be at my mom's place and I don't know what she has planned, but it will be something WLS-friendly and meat-based.

S - 1 cup of skim milk and 25g Special K Protein cereal

TOTALS WITHOUT DINNER: 108g protein, 46g fat, 96 carbs, 22g fiber, 1181 calories

Hmm, guess I'll have to be careful of dinner - only 300 calories to work with, but that's okay, usually mom's dinners are pretty healthy.  Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/13 11:55 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'm taking a 15 minute breather so I can write out what I plan for the day.  I made it to GNC last night so picked up a few cases of shakes and some protein bars, even though I tend to not like them, they will be convenient right now.  I already shovelled the driveway, put on a load of laundry, did up the last of the real dishes since we are moving to paper plates today, help load up the trailer so he can do a dump run, emptied the rest of the cabinets and just have to carry the boxes downstairs then when he gets home, it's take down the cabinet time.  I am making my last real meal today that I can actually cook on the stove then it's in the freezer for premade meals that I made all last week.

B - protein bar

L - homemade veggie and bean soup, 2 ryvital with liverwurst and mustard

S - greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fresh pineapple

D - grilled salmon, roasted butternut squash salad(made it last night and it looks and smells great)

Think I may have a big ass glass of red wine tonight too.

Recipe for salad here  http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2013/11/roasted-butternut-squash-salad.html

Leanne1
on 12/1/13 12:48 am - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning/ afternoon everyone mail

3yrs + post op, RNY, maintaining

Relaxing today for the most part (I mean, I'm not working at all today, LOL) We are heading to Toronto for a football game, Buffalo Bills and Atlanta Falcons!! I'm excited to watch the tight ends running around 

I don't have much of a meal plan for today. 

B- 1 OE egg, 2 slices bacon, toast and homefries

Likely split a hot dog with my hubby, mayyyybe some nachos at the game and not really sure what else for my day. I will try to sneak in a protein shake *squirrely face*

vitamins in and liquids

Have a GREAT day!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

DeidreB
on 12/1/13 2:16 am

Hi Everyone!

Just sitting down to finish this paper.  My honey is quite sick with fever and body aches - so it will be a TV/video game day for the boys.

Signed up for the Brita Resolution Run/Walk 5 K in Newmarket with my sister and my dad January 1 and am very excited about it - I think its a great thing to do on New Year's day.

Exercise:  30 m run/walk and 60 min Essentrics

Eats:

S: 3 clementines

B: 1/2 slice P28 toast, 1 tbsp P28 almond butter, 1/2 banana

L: 1.5 c roasted veg soup w 2 tbsp protein powder

S: greek yogurt, 1/2 c tuna w 1 tbsp miracle whip, 1/2 apple

D: Shepherd's pie, 1/2 apple

4 months post RNY yesterday and down 72 pounds.  I am so grateful for this gift!

Most Active
Recent Topics