Severe chest and back pain, is it dumping syndrome!

BeckyJ58
on 11/5/13 10:04 am - Cobourg, Canada

Hi, 12 weeks post op and tried pasta.  When down easily however about 2 hours later I had severe pain in my chest and back.  On a scale of 1-10 it was a hundred.  We were always told if it is dumping syndrome don't go to the hospital as it will pass.  Well whatever I had lasted 5 hours.  Unable to move because of the pain, however, no other symptons.  Did I have dumping?  My son said I should go to the hospital, but, I thought it was dumping.  Has anyone had this?

nmcgreen
on 11/5/13 10:13 am - Canada

Better to be safe then sorry! Go to the hospital!!!!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/13 10:37 am
Hospital please!!!
LittleMiss2013
on 11/5/13 7:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

That doesn't sound like any dumping I have ever  had. I would get  it  checked it  it  does not pass

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monica9811
on 11/5/13 8:56 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I wouldnt eat pasta-not at 12 weeks, not for a long time.  It along with Rice is something that does not agree well with our pouches. 

Catw
on 11/5/13 10:20 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Does anything like this happen at any other time?  It could be the pasta, but usually I'm done with the pain in about half an hour.

Have you had your gallbladder out?  If not, that could be the culprit, and you'll have to watch for it and get it looked at.  When I had gallbladder attacks, it would feel like a sword was thrust through me.  The first times I had it (about 6 weeks after my 1st son was born), a heating pad helped.  The next time (6 weeks after my 2 nd son was born), I went to ER twice and I ended up on morphine in the hospital and had it out 2 - 3 days later. (Got lucky)

Hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does, go get it checked.  Start having it documented.  If it is gallbladder, it will help if you need it taken out.

Cathy

zillah
on 11/5/13 10:21 pm

Sounds like gallbladder.

EternalEx
on 11/5/13 10:29 pm - Canada
Definitely could be gallbladder, or acid reflux, or a multitude of other issues. If it happens again (especially unrelated to food) then see a doctor. I doubt it's dumping, it could be that the pasta got stuck.
CBarnes11
on 11/5/13 11:48 pm - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

If it happens again, I would suggest that you get yourself the the hospital and have it checked.

Take care B. You know where to reach me if you need anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics