not losing

ladyjane71
on 10/16/13 8:14 am - Canada
Starting to get discouraged. Surgery was sept 25/13. I lost 20lbs on opti, and 10lbs since. But I havent lost any new weight in 10 days. I seem to gain and lose the same 5lbs. I know that I have lost inches, and that is great. But it would be great to see the numbers on the scale decrease. It is not because I am not eating right. When I try to introduce new foods, they dont agree with me. I am still on yogurt, and cream soups with added protien. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do? How long did it take to break the slump? Thanks for any advice.
LittleMiss2013
on 10/16/13 8:33 am, edited 10/16/13 8:34 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I read this alot. I haven't had surgery yet, so someone with more experince will chime in.....but just to reassure you. I DO read this a lot. It happens to many many people. There is something called the 3 week stall. It's common about 3 weeks after surgery (give or take) to stall. Your body is still healing, don't worry. How long it lasts is different for everyone, but it won't last forever =)

P.S - love your user name. Lady Jane was my favorite movie =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Oct32013
on 10/16/13 8:35 am - Canada
I was on the 20th of sept. I lost 21 on my two week opti and i have lost 14 sence surgery. I went about eight days and the scale didnt move and just a few days ago it started moving slowly again i know how you feel this friday i will be one month and i lost way more on opti and way faster.
4-Jane
on 10/16/13 8:41 am - Canada

Hope it's not a Jane thing......

Because I have been dancing with the same four pounds for weeks I'm five weeks out and was not sure at first but this is a stall .  Tip...keep your protein high drink all your water and it will happen.  It hard to wait it out eh? Truthfully I  wanted to be losing more steadily and my supporters are asking so what have you lost now and It is hard to say oh the same.  I like the saying when the scales not changing the body's rearranging .

But I wish my body would Finni****'s adjusting and shock or healing and get on with it.  As many say make the most of your time early on,but this stall makes me feel like I'm waisting time.

Respectfully Jane
RidingFan
on 10/16/13 8:57 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

It will happen...stick with the program.  I had a three week stall around the same time and then everything started going again. Keep the faith!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Foy
on 10/16/13 9:01 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13
I posted before about my experience but weeks 2-4 I saw minimal loss... like 1 pound if anything.

6.5 weeks out it comes off now be patient and do what you are supposed to.

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/16/13 9:42 am - Windsor, Canada

Congratulations.   You're normal.

This is expected and normal. You'll have many, many more.

Read this

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

ladyjane71
on 10/16/13 11:47 pm - Canada
THANK YOU! I am glad I am normal. I read your blog post. You are right, this stall is not something they tell you about. This is why this forum is so helpful.
Curious.George
on 10/17/13 7:08 am - Canada

When my girlfriend was in a "stall", I made up the saying, "if the number isn't changing, the body is rearranging"!  Then it was my turn and I was soooooooooooo discouraged! This stall is normal and will happen from time to time, not just at 3 weeks. I am at 3 months now and was in a "stall" for 12 days, then the numbers started to move again!  Good thing, because I was just about to throw my scale over the balcony! LOL Just remember, we did not gain it overnight and we are not going to lose it overnight!  Also, this is a lifetime commitment, one day at a time.  Who cares how quickly or slowly it comes off... as long as it does come off.

One thing that is very helpful to me is that I write everything I eat down.  I keep a food journal and I make sure to eat my 800 calories a day.  If you do not eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and "hold on to the fat". Please make sure you are eating enough and drinking lots of water.

Take care everyone.

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

sabrinastrength
on 10/17/13 10:14 pm - Canada
I'm 11 weeks out and have experienced the same as you at your stage. My stall lasted about 2-3 weeks, but be patient and it will come. You have to remember that your body needs to adjust. You read this questions very often on here, but it also helps if you don't weight yourself everyday and let your body do its thing. As others have said, focus on drinking your water, getting in the protein and things will get moving soon enough.

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics