Hard times with vitamins.

jen1016
on 9/29/13 9:54 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13
I am having a hard time getting my multi-vit in. I bought chewable Quest ones, and for whatever reason just can't chew them anymore. Prior to surgery - I was just taking a non-name multi - vit from Walmart, and the pill was not that big at all. I can now currently swallow a Tylenol caplet without any issues - does anyone know of a multi- vitamin that is small enough to swallow?

Thanks,
Jen

Monica9811
on 9/29/13 10:10 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Jen I swallow the Women 1 a day from Costco.  I have no troubles getting them down.  I know what you mean about chewables-they make you gag after awhile.  If you feel better you can split the vitamin in 2 and swallow half at a time.  I bought a pill splitter at the drug store.  Don't need it now and I can swallow pretty big pills with issues.

johjen
on 9/30/13 8:06 am
Whatever you can swallow is fine.. I still prefer the centrum candy ones.. (although they are so sweet they make my eyes cross and my toes curl)
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 11:00 am

speaking of vits:  i am about to buy the calcium +d and i guess i will have to settle for the chews.  However, the chews have sugar.  Has anyone had any issues tolerating these b/c of the sugar in them?  thanks.

debralight
on 10/3/13 12:57 pm - Canada

Just cut them in half if you are concerned about them being too big to swallow.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Most Active
Recent Topics