Grocery List!

jen1016
on 9/6/13 12:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

I do have the Meal Planner I got from OWMC, but I am curious what was on your grocery list for your first weeks after your surgery?  I will be having the RNY.  

Thanks,

Jen 

JJ_
on 9/6/13 8:10 pm

unflavoured protein powder to add to pudding, or anything else being ingested.  (I would measure out a scoop into a bowl and once that was gone, I knew how much protein I had eaten.

greek yogurt and SF jam

sf jello

sf pudding

savoury soup - roasted red pepper with protein powder

applesauce - although it can cause constipation so go easy on this.

cottage cheese

babybel cheese

jen1016
on 9/6/13 9:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

Where would you get the puddings?  

Needanewbeginning
on 9/6/13 10:12 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You can get sugar free puddings at your grocery store, mine carried them in the same section as regular puddings. I had cream of broccoli soup as well, stuck with it along with cottage cheese and plain Greek yoghurts as they had more protein and didn't need to add protein powder to them. Great suggestion to add unflavoured protein powder to things. It will take you some time to get all your protein in, but, slowly but surely you will.  Get Greek yoghurt, without fruit, just plain, as we can't have fruit at my centre the first few weeks. 

Good luck enlightened

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

jen1016
on 9/6/13 10:22 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13
Great thanks!!

I will start making my list .

Mary A.
on 9/10/13 2:02 am

I have nothing to add as far as your shopping list goe....s..all I will offer is do not go out and buy a bunch of SF products like jam, barbecue sauce etc etc..because if you are like most people and only use a tsp of this stuff...the bottle will go to waste

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Lolabug
on 9/10/13 2:28 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I've been having Premier protein shakes that I bought at Costco. So convenient and tasty too. In the morning I add some instant expresso powder. I've been able to have 3 a day to keep my protein levels up.

I liked cream of wheat for a while as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics