2 yr surgiversary!!

Derek C.
on 8/20/13 9:28 pm - North Bay , Canada

2 years ago today i was given the tool of wls , now with the best of intentions ,i tried my best to utilize this tool to its very best .  145 lbs later , over 200 km of road running ,plus endless gym time, i can safely say that im doing ok.  Now ill be the first to admit , im not the textbook WLS patient, i dont have many food issues ,which scares me sometimes, but now im at a point where i can go many many things i couldn't do two years ago - my health has improved dramatically , and for the most part im trying to enjoy my new life .  Anyways , just wanted to share my anniversary with all of you , for those that know me well ,you know the struggles that i have faced over the past year with my wife her eating disorder and the dealings with all of that stuff .  Enjoy your tool everyone !! 

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Artimesia
on 8/20/13 10:10 pm - Toronto, Canada
Congratulations and keep up the excellent work!

Monica M.
on 8/20/13 10:16 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

congrats, Derek!!!! Keep at it!!!!

Nathalie_Can
on 8/20/13 10:20 pm

Happy surgiversary...you did and are doing amazing!

Happy hump day!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

linda11665
on 8/20/13 10:59 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Congrats on your 2nd year.  I too, am celebrating my 2nd year.  It is as you say a tool.  Now comes the really hard part.  Getting to know the new us.  By all means I am not saying the first year was easy, I'm just saying maintaining is the hard part.  So congrats, and hope everything comes alot easier for you and your wife.

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Monica9811
on 8/20/13 11:58 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Congrats Derek!  I have read some of your struggles so I know it hasn't been easy.  You really have done amazing so don't beat yourself up if you aren't where you want to be or aren't as active as you used to be.  You are still a success.  Don't lose sight of why you made this life changing decision.  You can continue to do this!  Best of luck.

Sunny123
on 8/20/13 11:59 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Nice to hear these milestones!  Congratulations!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/21/13 12:09 am

I'm so happy for you Derek. You've been through a lot. keep plugging away!!!

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/21/13 12:59 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

It's so good to see you posting this, Derek.  You are, unknown to you, I'm sure, someone who's journey and postings I've followed since I came to the site.  You're an inspiration to me, and many others (in a totally non-stalker-ish way, of course :)).

As for not being the textbook WLS patient?  Heck, we're people not patients, and textbooks are just that, dry compilations of statistical writings.   We're individuals, unique in every way.

From this individual, to you ...CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU'VE DONE SO WELL!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Delicious_Delilah
on 8/21/13 5:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

Congratulations on your surgiversary!  You've come a long way. 

Like previous posts have stated, I too have read many of your posts and been inspired.  I think you bring a very balanced approach to things.  And, no one is perfect, so give yourself a bit of breathing room (re:  textbook WLS patient), especially with having to deal with your wife's health issues! 

Continue the good work you've started!

Cheers,

DD

Most Active
Recent Topics