Guess what I got????

Foy
on 8/2/13 8:07 am, edited 8/2/13 8:14 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

A surgery date... woot!

I saw Deb and her other half at TWH today and they popped in to have a chat.I saw Trish too but didn't see anyone else. Grats on getting your date too Deb.

I will be going under the knife August 30th at TWH with Dr. Okrainec.... wow. Crazy part is that I have 4 weeks of Opti because of my BMI so I like Deb start tomorrow.

This is going to be a challenge as I am away this weekend and another weekend in August at friends cottages. I would rather tackle Opti now than wait a few weeks more. Thankfully this weekend my bestie is aware of the surgery and is fully supportive.

I might opt out of the second cottage weekend only because of the pressure I will probably feel not being able to eat and have some drinks with the 18 other people at the cottage. I was very selective of who in my circle of friends I chose to tell about my surgery, and while a cottage weekend would be fun, explaining to 18 people the journey I am on is not something I want to tackle at the moment. I will choose my battles carefully.

So... No time for food funerals, cupboard / fridge is already cleared out. I have my syrups, broth, bullet, crystal light.... and a plan of attack.  

Darthmummy
on 8/2/13 8:12 am
I did four weeks of opti too. I skipped a couple of events along the way but thought it was better to be around people. You should rethink the cottage maybe.
mispysmom
on 8/2/13 8:42 am - elliot lake, Canada
awesome!!! so fast!!! ill.watch.ur.progress....im gunna.start my 4 weeks opti near the end of.september

Amanda

kristaeb
on 8/2/13 8:57 am

Awsome,congrats ...Kristabroken heart

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Hennagirliegirl
on 8/2/13 9:02 am - Canada

great news! Congratulations

Terri

DeborahV54
on 8/2/13 9:47 am - Mississauga, ON, Canada
Congadulations ... I knew you would be close to the end of August. Wow 4 weeks. I hear you on plans for the weekend. We head out for Ottawa in the morning so gotta make sure I have all I need for my Opti experience.

Do you think that you will make the group session on August 21st? I am hoping I will be fine to go. I have been looking forward to it.

Good luck tomorrow.

Foy
on 8/2/13 12:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13
I am planning on the 21st. Will you be there so close after your surgery?
gwynnkitty
on 8/2/13 12:37 pm - North York, Canada

Congrats on getting a date!! That's fantastic news! :)

I'd say "Good Luck!" on Opti, but it sounds to me like you've got a plan in place, so not so much "Good Luck" as "Rock it Out!!" :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

TanyaLH
on 8/2/13 9:20 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

yayyy! Congrats!

Suki01
on 8/2/13 9:54 pm, edited 8/2/13 10:04 pm

Good plan of attack with the opti.  I did enjoy the Crystal light with the opti.

Most Active
Recent Topics