Need suggestions

Catw
on 6/14/13 11:50 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Everyone,

I need some food ideas.

My husband and I are separating, and he's supposed to be starting to look for an apartment.  Even though it was me that said that we needed to separate, I've been feeling a lot of stress, and more so since Thursday when this was decided.  When I get stressed I get insomnia and lack of appetite.  So Thursday I didn't eat much, and I ate very little yesterday.  I have been drinking water though.

I want to try to eat, but my tummy seems to be extra sensitive because I wasn't eating.  Can anyone suggest something simple to eat, that isn't dairy.  Tummy doesn't like dairy on a good day.  I did get some sleep last night, but not enough to catch up.

Any suggestions or advice are welcome.

Cathy

Lorieliz
on 6/15/13 12:38 am - Canada

Sorry about the mess. I am a stress non-eater too.

Stay hydrated, get your protein (shakes) and don't worry a ton about food. You can try:

eggs, scrambled, soft boiled mushed with a little butter salt and pepper, poached (egg salad)

tuna (tuna salad, salmon salad, chicken salad) I sometimes mix egg and tuna salad - yum

oatmeal, cream of wheat

soup (Habitant pea soup is my go to "comfort" food)

Take care and hang in there. Exercise - it helps you get out of your head

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

smallisland
on 6/15/13 12:41 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

I have no food ideas but wanted to say I hope things get better for you soon. Take care  and hopefully you will get more sleep soon.

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Urbanlamb
on 6/15/13 12:56 am - Canada

I am so sorry yo hear of what you're going through. *hugs*

Sleep is critical..I'm like you in that I get insomnia when things are going awry in my life.  I would visit your doctor to see about getting help for sleep.  Once you're sleeping ok, things will fall into place.

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

time2changeme
on 6/15/13 6:06 am

So sorry you have this to deal with right now Cathy, I hope everything works out for the best, life can be so stressful at times! 

Have you tried protein bars, oatmeal porriage, soup, fresh fruit or a few nuts?

JJ_
on 6/15/13 9:55 am

Buy a hot chicken and a St Hubert gravy.  Take all the chicken off the bones and parcel it out into containers.  Pour a bit of gravy over the chicken.  Freeze any containers that are not for immediate use.  I usually add either a salad or canned veggies to make it a meal.  Easy peasy.

I am sending you big hugs as you negotiate this life change.  You will figure everything out.  Better days ahead!

Judy

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/13 10:17 am - Straford, Canada

so much turmoil can really frig up he appetite!  Sorry you're going threw it!   What about simple like oatmeal, cream of wheat, kashi lean, poached eggs, that kind of breakfast foods?  I would go to chicken and rice soup or hummus after that.  A drink of white wine might help too.  just sayin! 

Catw
on 6/15/13 10:36 am - Arnprior, Canada

Thanks everyone!  I'll probably try to get some oatmeal in.  BBQ'd burgers for supper, managed to get almost half in, then felt like brining it all back up (which I didn't thankfully).  Don't usually like shakes, but had one tonight as well, it stayed down alright, probably helped I added mroe than 8oz of water.

Thanks for the advice Ian, but I don't want to start down that path.  Afraid where it might lead, especially with 2 kids in the house.  Although it was very tempting!

Cathy

gardeninggal
on 6/15/13 11:10 am - Midland, Canada

Big hugs to you Ca****he best 'comfort foods' work when the going gets tough as it seems that you are in the 'coping' stage right now.  Be kind to yourself and all the best too

Lolabug
on 6/15/13 1:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Hi Catw, sorry to hear about what's happening. Good advice already about the food. As for the sleep, have you tried melatonin ? It's a supplement that helps you fall asleep and it comes in sublingual form as well. It does not make you all weird the next day either.

i hope everything works out for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics