P28 bread and now SPREADS!!!!

Marny B.
on 6/6/13 12:04 pm - Canada

An OH friend (Patricia, aka BluzGal), alerted me to the fact that though P28 is no longer available at Metro for the time being, a little store right near my house has it!  AND (this is where it gets even better), the company is also come out with nut butter spreads!  The owner said he is getting them in sometime between tomorrow and Monday!  

I was looking at the peanut butter white chocolate spread.  He had the container in-store but he confessed that he ate the whole jar in a week, so I didn't get a sample.  Haha.  anyhow, the serving was 2TBSP, and had 14 g of protein in it, plus only 3 grams of sugar per serving!  Between 2Tbsp of spread and one slice of bread, that's 28g !!

We should hold out next Mississauga meeting at the Starbucks in the same plaza and then take a group field trip to the store.  LOL.   For anyone who lives in the area, the name and address of the store is below

Mass Nutrition

Category: Natural Products Add to favourites Logo Mass Nutrition

1900 Fowler Dr
Mississauga, ON L5K 0A1
905-822-0110
View business details
Advertising

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

PaulaToronto
on 6/6/13 1:21 pm - Toronto, Canada

I didn't know Metro carried it!  I always get mine in the big bag from low carb grocer when they have a sale.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Robin V.
on 6/6/13 2:12 pm
Can the bread be frozen? Or have yo tried? It'll be a two hour drive to buy it for me, I'd buy and then freeze!

Robin 

Referral June 2012.   Orientation August 2012.   Nurse January 2013.    Sleep Study January 2013.  Abdominal Ultrasound February 2013.  Beh/Nut February 2013.   GI Scope April 2013.     Nut Class May 2013.      Met Surgeon May 2013.     Surgery June 2013

BluIzGal
on 6/6/13 4:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I've only seen it frozen and I keep mine in the freezer. A loaf lasts me almost a month. I find I'm full with one slice and takes me about a half hour to eat it due to how dense it is. I generally toast it but have made French toast with it and topped it with sugar free syrup. 

BluIzGal
on 6/6/13 4:10 pm, edited 6/6/13 4:22 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

The P28 breads and bagels are hard to find in metros due to a distribution issue according to a sales rep. They hope it will be rectified soon. She told me metros will not be carrying the spreads however this sales rep referred me to Mass Nutrition and they carry the bread and flatbreads (which I think would make a lovely pizza). The bagels don't sell well enough for him to carry them.  I'm looking toward to the spreads. There are 5 different ones to chose from. I second the coffee night at Starbucks!  Oh, and while the p28 bread isn't sold in Canadian Whole Foods stores I was told they should be soon. The sales rep also recommended ordering online at www.fitshop.ca. 

Vi-Vi
on 6/6/13 9:08 pm
VSG on 12/13/12

Hi there!  Just wondering what the bread p28 is?  Is it loaded with protein?  Maybe I'Il try to get to the Missisauga store at the end of June when I go to TWH.

thanks & have a great weekend!

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

BluIzGal
on 6/6/13 11:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

It's a high protein bread. Two slices have 28 grams of protein. The slices are larger than a normal loaf of wonderbread. I find there is a slight sweetness to the bread. I only eat one slice as it is quite dense. 

Gabygee
on 6/6/13 10:48 pm - Canada

I had no idea! This is SO COOL!

I'm on it, fer sure - and I "third" the motion to meet at the Starbucks in that little mall - I'm a big Cinnamon Dolce fan.

Michele T.
on 6/6/13 11:34 pm - Canada

What a great idea Marny I will definitely take part in that.  Look forward to hearing on the date for the next meeting.

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics