Shakeology...anyone use it??

Jodi77
on 5/17/13 8:49 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
A girl I work with is a Beachbody coach and uses Shakeology everyday and is always preaching how GOOD it woud be for me since I don't eat much and need good wholesome things. It does look good but its freakin expensive!! And it has 21g carbs per serving which is more then "they" suggested our protein supplements contained. Almost 4 months out though, I am eating other things with carbs, so should it really matter? Anyone have an opinion???

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Needanewbeginning
on 5/17/13 9:47 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

A buddy I know is a beach body coach a well, you should ask your centre. When I looked into these products, they are not made here or in the US, off shore, I don't really trust them, plus the cost for what your getting is ridiculous. As good as some people say they are I think you could find better more complete products with much lower carbs?

My friend hates that I don't buy from her, but she doesn't agree with my wls choice either angel

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Jodi77
on 5/17/13 9:49 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
Neither does the girl I work with! Oh well then! That TOTALLY answers my question more COMPLETELY then I expected! Lol. Thank you!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Needanewbeginning
on 5/17/13 10:06 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Lol, sorry pal. She makes a ton of money from her beach body programs, but as far a the actual shakes go, I don't know many in the biz that agree its a good complete product for the cost. But, hey it works for her. I am sticking to my Costco brand for now, lets see where I will be at 4 months out, lol. Let me know if you find something that works for ya. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/17/13 11:46 am - Windsor, Canada

I do.  Don't use it. 

Read this -- you may find its not the best choice.  

http://diminishingdawnreturns.blogspot.ca/2013/04/protein-fo r-rny-folks.html?m=1

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Needanewbeginning
on 5/17/13 2:01 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Fantastic write up. Thank you for posting this. 

NorthernStar
on 5/17/13 9:05 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I really like Beachbody programs but their supplements are garbage and very expensive. Great post Dawn.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

nata
on 5/17/13 9:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada

A question back to you - what your medical team says about drinking your calories? (and that's what shakes are about!)

Especially in the long run. Do your doc and nut recommend shakes? well NOT in the first few weeks post-op, there is a life after first year's struggles, lol.

From what I've heard, from two bariatric surgical teams and a very wls-knowledgeable nut working with doctor Freedhoff (being operated in US I use his clinic for postop) drinking calories is a huge NO-NO post wls. Dr. Graber was against any shakes after 8 weeks postop. My surgeon recommended protein supplementation for a few months until we eat meats.

The whole mechanism of wls is built on using dense, requiring long processing foods (proteins!) to fill the stomach fast and last long, preventing us from overeating. Fluids go through very fast. Once you're completely healed, your stomach lets fluids to slide down  virtually immediately.

A few months postop you might need a supplementing shake here and there, but further out this habit of drinking your food might lead to regain.

that's my opinion. 4.5 years postop.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/18/13 1:04 am - Windsor, Canada

Hmmmm... Interesting but at 7 years post op, having a shake for breakfast is what is helping me get my regain off. Lol.  So for some people, shakes work.  Not crappy shakes like those ones though!  Lol

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

birdiegirl
on 5/18/13 2:08 am

Me too Dawn......Premier protein every morning.....

Most Active
Recent Topics