will the dreams go away??

jenniferhyatt
on 4/30/13 4:58 pm - Canada

lately ive been having dreams /nightmares about taking a bite of a

mcdonalds burger or something i wont have and actually knowing its wrong in my dream  i wake up all upset and cant sleep as you can tell since im writing this at 3am. i know its a mind thing but i refuse to eat maby things as i have made a commitment to myself to stay healthy. im a year out and still have a hard time looking in the mirror as i dont look like the same person. i feel better its just i have a hard time grasping i am pretty and healthier. anyone else have this?? 

truckingbride
on 4/30/13 7:04 pm - Harriston , Canada

UMM yepp. I have worse body image issues now that I have lost weight then I ever did before, I defently would not say I am any happier.

Not sure why it is so hard to be happy for ourselves...

Onward and
Downward

on 4/30/13 8:48 pm, edited 4/30/13 8:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I had those dreams a few times during optifast, but not now after surgery.  Maybe it will start again when I'm in maintenance like you?  Eep!

Hope the dreams stop soon!  And I hope you find a way to get used to your new body.  It's still you inside. :)  I am reacting in the opposite way to my new body - I can't stop glancing at myself in mirrors and such, because it's so strange and neat to see the changes.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Arlio1207
on 4/30/13 9:38 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

I just had one of those dreams last night. I always dream I drank gingerale. And then freak out in my dream and wake up all discombobulated. Funny how the brain works when ur sleeping. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Patm
on 4/30/13 11:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think for a lot of us maintenance is a hard phase to transition into. For months we have focused on the losing. Now it is about the forever diet. We love the new body but are not sure how to accept it. Also it is the fear of putting the weight back on because that is what we have done in the past. I know some people have gone to their centre for help in talking it out.

Good luck

Cynner77
on 5/1/13 2:53 am
What you're having are anxiety dreams. I have them whenever I'm stressed out about something. When I was in university, I worked at a very busy restaurant. 3 or 4 times a week, I'd have dreams where I couldn't serve all of my tables and customers were yelling at me and I'd get fired. They seemed so real that I'd be sure that I no longer had a job for the first 5 or 10 minutes after waking up. I had them for the first year or so after I started my career and again when I switched companies. I expect to have them over this as well. They're very upsetting, but totally normal. You don't want to fail and your mind is working that over in your sleep. They should go away in time. The wiki article is decent at explaining them. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_dream
Most Active
Recent Topics