Appointments after 1 year

rmichelleb
on 3/19/13 4:16 am - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12

My one year anniversary is up at the end of April and I have an appointment at the clinic (HRRH).

Do we have to go back for any further appointments? I don't mind the weighing in, blood tests etc but I really find the dietician appointments to be uncomfortable. I never eat the same foods every day, and feel like I should just lie and tell them what they want to hear when they ask what I eat in a day. I have done really well and have 5lbs to go to reach my personal goal and I have already surpassed the goal my surgeon had for me.

Catw
on 3/19/13 4:23 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'm at Ottawa, and not sure what the difference in rules are.  I am usually asked if I want to see the Dietician or Nutritionist.  I end up just seeing the nurse/doctor and go over everything.  There is an appointment at 18 months and 2 years at least.  I was late getting my blood work done, so they didn't have it at my appointment.  When the nutritionist reviewed it, she called and told me to start taking Iron (this is after 18 months out, not having to do extra before). 

When you do go for your 1 year check up, ask what their rules are, and if you need to see everyone, or just see them if you need to.

Congrats at being 5lbs to goal!

Cathy

JEANFISICO
on 3/19/13 5:06 am - Canada

my Sheet says that after the 1 year visit you go back every 6 months for 4 years

Referral March 2012, Orientation October 2012, Dr Starr appt, Nov 15/12 Weight 310 lb, Gi series Nurse, dietician,SW Nov 29, Gastroscopy Dec 4,2nd Dr appt Dec 12, Dr Glazer and echocardiogram Feb 14, 2013, Optifast start Feb 21, pre-op February Feb 26, Surgery March 14, 2013

Mary A.
on 3/21/13 12:04 am
On March 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM Pacific Time, JEANFISICO wrote:

my Sheet says that after the 1 year visit you go back every 6 months for 4 years

I am 4 years post-op and because I had my surgery in the USA...I never went back for a follow-up (ever)...

however that being said I have my blood carefully monitored every 3 months with a doctor here that is very well versed in Bariatric care.

Unless you are unwell or think that there is something that just isn't right..not sure why you would need continious follow-up.  Seems unecessary IMO.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/13 7:16 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Yes I believe that  at least in Toronto we go for 5 years.

katzmeow13
on 3/19/13 8:33 am

Ottawa is yearly for 5-6 years. First year is 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and one year.

I suggest doing my fitness pal for a random week in the.  Month before you go. You can print a daily report which will give protein, carbs, fat sugar and the item you ate. So you can just print our 5-7 days of that. Ad they will have an idea of what your meals and water consumption is like.

kat

sorry my iPad puts in random punctuation and changes words.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/19/13 8:35 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
After this appointment you should only have to go back once a year for the next 4 years.

Most Active
Recent Topics