Hiccups?

nicolepage5
on 2/17/13 10:48 pm - Stoney Creek, Canada
RNY on 02/11/13
Hey guys!

I'm a week out now and I get like one or two hiccups a couple times a day. Is that normal? I'm wondering if I should be worried and call the hospital or if it's maybe because im eating or drinking too fast? Anyone get that?

Initial Referral: Feb. 17/12 - Orientation (St. Joe's): Oct 1/12 - Orientation (HRRH): Nov 26/12 - Meet Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Nov 28/12 - Dietitian (Michelle): Nov 28/12 - SW (Jackie): Nov 28/12 - NP: Dec 20/12 - Bloodwork: Dec 20/12 - Medical Internist (Dr. Glazer): Jan 10/13 - Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Jan 17/13 - Optifast: Jan 28/13 - Surgery: Feb11/13!!!

2mar
on 2/17/13 10:54 pm
RNY on 09/20/12
On February 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM Pacific Time, nicolepage5 wrote:
Hey guys!

I'm a week out now and I get like one or two hiccups a couple times a day. Is that normal? I'm wondering if I should be worried and call the hospital or if it's maybe because im eating or drinking too fast? Anyone get that?

most often happens whey you eat a bit too fast. 1 week out - try to use a 2 tablespoon container and give yourself 15 min for 1 container ( the ones you got at the hospital)

enlightened

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/17/13 11:17 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Every day I hiccup pretty much.

Like clock work... I have started to pay attention to the feeling before I hiccup and I am doing better at stopping 2 bites before but... If I hiccup 1-2 times I am FULL. Full of fluid. Full of food... Whatever... But I am FULL.

It is the Vagus nerve signaling I am done. I have had the clear snot drip from nose thing twice also but I see this as my "idiot warning" that if I go any further I am in trouble.

I take a bite... chew... swallow... chill and wait a moment... repeat.

I hiccup... I stop. Even if it was a matter of eating TOO fast and I know I am not "done"... it is my signal that my body is thinking I am done and I need to wait 20 minutes and re-start. This has happened a few times also when something tasted too good and I hiccuped after the 3rd bite going down in rapid succession.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

CanDoItFour
on 2/18/13 6:40 am - Canada

Hicups are my signal to stop - pouch is full.  If I keep going, it will come back up.  I'm still this way at 2 years out.

Claire

HW 350  CW 141  Surgery Feb '11

cayleighsmom
on 2/18/13 9:26 am
RNY on 06/05/12

hiccups are my signal as well. i have usually eaten 1 bite too many when i get them

Jodi77
on 2/19/13 12:16 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

I have hiccups all the time.  Eating or not!  Not sure why!  They're the big deep kind but they don't hurt!  I'm going to ask about it next week at my follow-up appointment.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics