OT...Quilt pics (Debra G!)

HopefulBee
on 2/3/13 11:41 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Hi All!

A while back, before my surgery, I had mentioned the quilt my Mom made us for Christmas. A couple of people had commented that they'd like to see pics of it, well I finally transferred the pics from camera to pc so here they are!

I told Mom the other day that whenever I got sad that she wasn't here around my surgery time I just wrapped myself in the quilt & felt her love, & that I will forever be able to keep her love with me through the quilt. She doesn't often get emotional but at that moment I knew that she knew that I understood the time & care that goes into a handmade project like this.

Ok, enough sappyness for one day...lol!!

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Catw
on 2/3/13 11:44 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Wow, that is a beautiful quilt.  My grandmother taught me how to quilt a long time ago, so I know how much effort and love was put into this one.  It is truly a treasure.

Cathy

2mar
on 2/3/13 11:50 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

Just wonderful!!! what a special thing from your mom that you will treasure for the rest of your life... Wow...

thanks for sharing the pictures

Marny B.
on 2/3/13 11:51 pm, edited 2/3/13 11:51 pm - Canada

How gorgeous.  I just love quilts and one day when I have the time, I will learn how to do this!  Your mom does great work! What a great way to keep memory of her for years to come.  My grandmother loved to crochet.  She died many years ago, but one thing I have of hers is a set of about 24 snowflakes that she crochet and then starched with a sugar glaze.  I put them on my tree every year and they are such a special reminder of her. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Patm
on 2/3/13 11:56 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is so beautiful. And such a great reminder of her love.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/13 12:05 am - Straford, Canada

Beautiful work! Wow!  Nice! 

Joanne D.
on 2/4/13 12:11 am - Canada

Beautiful!!!!

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

niceeyes72
on 2/4/13 12:40 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

That is beautiful!!! You are very lucky to have such a talented mom!! What a nice way to be close to her as well!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

dna
on 2/4/13 12:41 am - Canada

Absolutely stunning !!   My mother-in-law is/was a quilter.  She does/did beautiful work.  (I say it that way since she has had a massive stroke she is no longer going to be able to quit)

It's such an amazing talent to have.  I plan on teaching my girls (and boy if he wants to).  I love doing it.  The colours and patterns and possibilities are endless :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

time2changeme
on 2/4/13 12:48 am

Beautiful!! What a lovely way of having the warmth and comfort of your Mom everyday, even

when she's not with you.  I am a quilter as well, and I can appreciate all of the hours, and love she

put into this project for you.  My Mom taught me how to quilt and taught quilting classes, I have sure

missed my Mom on this journey, but I know she's been watching over me and I cuddle with one of the

quilts she made me every night!  Thanks for sharing, now I'm feeling all sappy too!  laugh

Most Active
Recent Topics