Low blood presure

sweet_sylvie
on 1/11/13 11:19 am
Hello all, I was wondering if any of you experience low blood presure during a surgery? I had a surgery like 4 years ago and I almost feel when I took the morphine and for this reason i'm really scared. Is the morphine drop the blood presure?
Patm
on 1/11/13 10:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

This is a great question to ask during your pre surgery meetings. You will be talking to the anestesiologist . sorry for spelling

mermaidz
on 1/11/13 11:03 pm - Brampton, Canada

Yes morphine will drop your blood pressure but you won't know the difference while you're in surgery because they likely won't give it to you then

Will they give it to you after surgery? Likely unless you are allergic or "sensitive" The sensation you may be experiencing is called being "stoned".

Stoned after major surgery is good.

What is your question? lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

zillah
on 1/11/13 11:20 pm

When I had my histerectomy they gave me morphine after because it would not drop my blood pressure.  My b.p. was quite low after the surgery.  That is what I was told by the nurses and Dr.

mermaidz
on 1/11/13 11:43 pm - Brampton, Canada

When I was in hospital for 3 weeks with Pancreatitis I was given morphine daily. There was one occasion where my bp was already too low and they wouldn't give it to me. (My normal is around 90/60)

But it doesn't drop because of the drug itself. My bad. The lack of pain allows your body's bp to drop down (pain can equal higher bp)

sorry for confusing

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics