Bad advice....

Kelshy
on 1/11/13 5:14 am - Cannifton, Canada
So after two bouts of severe abdominal pain this week, I saw my family Doctor today. I have also been to the local emergency dept and had an ultrasound but no results have been reported yet other than the tech's comment that my liver was large. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated and per the chest x-ray I have a side helping of right lower lobe pneumonia to go along with the not yet diagnosed abdominal pain. Each bout of pain last 5-7 hrs.

He feels it could be an ulcer or reflux. I reminded him I had an RnY about 20 months ago. Then he prescribes an antacid. (It wasn't ready at the pharmacy yet so I am not sure what he exactly prescribed)

I asked my doctor what I should do if said pain returns.... His reply was "well it seems to go away on its own so just wait it out"

*shakes my head* OK it took me almost all day to get a live person on the phone at TWH but I now have an appt on Tuesday.

Please everyone remember to self advocate and if you are in so much pain that you can't self advocate have someone else with you ( my mistake)

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/13 5:40 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
I have had lots of complications since my rny august 10, 2012. I have always gone to the ER of the hospital that did my surgery cause they know my history.

Have you gone to TWH ER yet? There are alot of things that can happen internally after having rny and its very important that u get seen and possibly have a catscan to make sure everything is ok.
Good luck to you and feel better soon!
Diminishing Dawn
on 1/11/13 6:05 am - Windsor, Canada

Thanks for the reminder for everyone. I want to add too:

And too if you are having trouble, call your surgical centre.  Even if you go to a RATC, call your SURGICAL

centre when you are having trouble with pain.  Lots of our Windsor folks have been sent back to their surgical

centre when they had issues (obstructions/hernias etc).

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Patti K.
on 1/11/13 6:22 am - Kingston On, Canada

Hi...just a thot, do you still have your gall bladder??  trust you find out what is going on....Patti K.

Monica M.
on 1/11/13 8:38 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

keep us updated, Chris. Please?

Most Active
Recent Topics