Trip to ER needed?

Chanelle1022
on 12/29/12 12:38 am
Hi all, my small poop victory has now been overshadowded.

I took a shower this morning ( not my first since surgery- had two in hospital and two at home) and changes the bandages on my insicions.

I had to sit down because that hot tingly sensation where you feel like you are goin to pass out came over me prettty badly. I took a gravol, chewe it, Zach placed cold cloth on my neck and after a few minutes this passed. However within another couple minutes.. Same thing hapens again!

Once that last one passed i put on my clothes and am now parked on the couch and have been since. I have finished my first premier shake this morning -so-30g protein in now. I will be sipping on water now until my next shake this afternoon..

I am frozen and feel VERY weak and tired.. Should I be making a trip to the Ottawa civic ER due to these symptoms?

Only diff this morning from my last few is i did take my 100mg of wellbutrin,1tylenol and my 4mg of coversyl (blood pressure med) all crushed..

I am a little worried! I wa doing ok so far, i had some energy ish able to walk 45 mins a day as of yesterday and now i am litterally unable to move.. Im scared.. Any advice?

Zach is gone to get me some G2 as it was suggested by a wls friend .. Wanted to know all yall's thoughts on this

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/29/12 12:56 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Chanelle... Please phone Telehealth ASAP

1-866-797-0000

They have nurses on 24/7 and it is free with OHIP. You will need to give them your info. They will do an assessment and tell you what to do.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/29/12 1:46 am - Canada

could be low blood pressure? i had surgery 5 weeks ago and had high blood pressure before surgery, but since the day of surgery i have not had to take my blood pressure meds.. if i did, my pressure would be too low.. have you checked your BP? do you have a machine at home to check it?

jennb3
on 12/29/12 1:57 am - Canada
Maybe you're doing too much? I agree, call telehealth. Better safe than sorry!

Thinking of you, keep us posted!
referral: fall 2010, orientation: march 2011, nut/psyc: fall 2011, nurse: jan 2012,   tests: march 2012, pre-surg class: Sept 2012, surgeon, Sept. 2012.  Surgery:  Nov 8, 2012

tbtilalaf
on 12/29/12 2:05 am, edited 12/29/12 2:06 am

Phone telehealth or the clinic just to be sure, but when this happened to me it is because that you are not eating so you are not getting enough energy to do a lot of things until you start eating a bit more.  I found the same problem when showering, i almost passed out too (this happens to a lot of early post ops I know someone else it happened to), to help for the next shower, open the door/curtain to get some cool air, and do not have the water too hot. This helps a lot!  The not eating thing is why you are tired, you need carbs to be turned into energy the problem is you cannot really have them right now so = no energy.  This was a big problem for me, but it does get a lot better once you are eating more and onto the soft food, but it doesn't get better right away it takes time...

I am not a doctor, so you could have a different situation then mine so I also recommend calling just to be on the safe side, I am only telling you about what happened to me early out too and opening the door/curtain helps a lot to get the cool air in while showering.  Take it easy, as you just don't have enough energy to really do anything (make sure you get small walks in to prevent clots from forming though but don't over do it). 

In time you will start to feel like yourself again< edit: but A LOT better!!>! But give them a call just to be safe

Good luck!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/12 2:09 am - Straford, Canada

what Shel said about telehealth.  how many wellbutrin do you take a day?  your symptoms sound like common side effects from it but you need a doctor to confirm that.  and breath Chanelle, just breathe!  now smile, your surgery is done!  kiss

Chanelle1022
on 12/29/12 2:14 am
Telehealth nurse said go to ER.. So off we go.. Ugh dauting task in itself lol

Thanks everyone! Will keep you posted!

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/29/12 2:54 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Oh goodness I am glad you called, and posted that you are going. I have been fretting about that.

Hope all is well.

Shell

Karidian
on 12/29/12 12:00 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 01/16/13
I hope you're okay! My opinion is that telehealth is very handy to have, but they have almost always told me to go the ER. Ask a nurse or doctor and they'll confirm that they are overtly cautious in the extreme.

Surgery date:  January 16 2013 -  Beware, I LIVED.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/29/12 12:22 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I've had them tell me to keep my daughter home unless x, y and z happen. I've had them tell me to see a Dr within 2-3 days.

It depends on what you are calling them with.

Most Active
Recent Topics