Support in Trenton area?

Joyce J.
on 11/20/12 3:16 am - Scarborough, Canada

HI all

I got an e-mail from someone living in the Trenton area. I e-mailed her the list of support groups but she said there was no contact for the Trenton one...... LOL, I don't even know where that is.

This lady lives in Colbourne. Anyone know of any support groups out that way?

Thanks

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Heathergetbetter
on 11/20/12 5:09 am, edited 11/20/12 5:10 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

The support group in Trenton meets at the Trenton Memorial Hospital on the second floor in the conference room on the first Monday of the month at 7pm. It's called MONARC- morbidly obese never again ressource centre. Last meeting we tried two yummy recipies from the book co-authored by Dr. Klein. I thing the organizers are Gwen Watson and Cathy Bateman. One is an RN. They both had surgery in the states. About 25 people came to the last one, in all phases of the journey.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
gardeninggal
on 11/20/12 9:29 am - Midland, Canada

Great post Heather...curious as to which recipes your group tried?  I have used that book for resources and receipes both and it is a worthwhile purchase.  p.s. saddens me to think that an Ontario person would not know that Trenton is the home of our Canadian Forces largest air force base :(

Karen M.
on 11/21/12 12:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

It's kinda funny in a sad way, yes.  I have tons of family in Trenton and Belleville on my mom's side. My cousin Wendy was military for a looooong time.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Heathergetbetter
on 11/21/12 12:24 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

We had the vegetable dip and the black bean dip done in blenders. They both turned out well and are good for people struggling to get their protein in.

I thought after the Russell Williams tragedy everyone knew of our area.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
theadmin1
on 11/20/12 1:06 pm - Belleville , Canada

Hi,

I am from Belleville.  I have my orientation appointment next Wednesday in Kingston.  I would like to make the Trenton support group meeting in December.  You said the next meeting is the 1st Monday of the month...

T

Heathergetbetter
on 11/21/12 12:27 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

That would be great if you came out. The 3rd of December at 7pm on the second floor. If you park on the street (to save the $ of parking) then go in the main entrance (not emerg) and pass the gift shop. There are elevators near the cafeteria and the conference room is just up on the second floor before the inpatient unit and near the elevators.

Karen M.
on 11/21/12 12:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi Heather :)

Ummm... is there anyone in your support group named Wendy? (who is my cousin and hasn't contacted me). lol I'm trying to get ahold of her as she's going through the process to have WLS and I REALLY want to reach out and offer her some support. So ummm... could you let me know if you meet her? :)

Oh!  And can I ask, where do the Trenton people get referred to for surgery?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Heathergetbetter
on 11/21/12 12:19 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

I can't remember a Wendy right now, but I'm terrible with names. I can ask at the December meeting. We Trentonians get referred to Ottawa for surgery, but because of the backlog, some of us are offered the opportunity for surgery at Humber River. The Kingston Centre is taking on a lot of the pre-op prep now.

I'm sorry to hear that you still have not found her. I'll send out some "feelers" .

Melissa.M
on 11/21/12 1:59 am - Canada
That's good to know, Heather. Thanks. I have a friend in Trenton who is contemplating WLS and I told her to try to get into Humber. I didn't even know that was an option, though, so that's even better. I'm in Ottawa now but probably moving to Trenton in the summer, sÓ depending on where I am in the process, I may ask to get transferred to Humber, too.
Most Active
Recent Topics