What a year!

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 11/17/12 2:31 am - Cole Harbour, Canada

Yesterday marked one year since my surgery with Dr. Sohi at HRRH and what a year its been!

I started at 271 pounds, lost 8 on my own before opti down to 263. Lost 13 on opti putting me at a surgery weight of 250 pounds!

Today I weigh 135 pounds!!!!!!

I am less than half of my highest weight and I feel great! I have had next to no food issues, no dumping, no hernias or gallbladder issues so I consider myself very lucky. I did have an intussception(sp) back in June which they were quick to diagnose and repair. All has been well since.

I am working out 3-4 times a week, running every day and have just committed to running a 10k in May!

Had my one year follow up yesterday at the clinic and dietician suggested that I have lost enough weight and to try and maintain from here. I would like to hit 130 at some point but will not be shattered if I end up maintaining where I am. I just thought it would be nice to have that extra 5 pounds as a regain cushion lol.

To all of you who have been a support, my sincerest thank you's.

Cher

Beth1970
on 11/17/12 2:33 am - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12

Happy Surgiversary and congratulations on a fabulous year!!

kellybelly333
on 11/17/12 2:38 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats!! Amazing job!!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Janet13
on 11/17/12 2:53 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats on a job well done.

"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

HeyFrankie
on 11/17/12 3:01 am - Canada

Congratulations!! To another great year!

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/12 3:28 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

That is wonderful. You look fabulous. thanks for sharing your story.

ShallowGirl
on 11/17/12 3:45 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Congratulations on your great progress!  

I think you should set your weight loss goal, not anyone else, parent / doctor / spouse etc.

FYI, I don't believe in regain cushions.  

I think that is saying to yourself "I'm happy now but I'll lose this weight I don't need to lose" which sets yourself up for failure, since you are internally thinking, "I don't really have to lose this".

You are either happy where you are, or you need to lose another 5-10-15-20 lbs and should just do it.

I think rebound happens because we are in "weight loss / diet" mode then switch to a "living / vacation" mode.  If we live on the way down, in moderation, then I think there is less of a switch-over.

Our bodies change with time (as everyone's do - many women gain weight with menopause etc.), and so constant awareness and adaptability is necessary.  

But what do I know?  I have succeeded at many diets only to fail maintenance miserably.  So it will be interesting.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

crstalww
on 11/17/12 4:13 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Whoop whoop congrats and happy one year. I love seeing these kind of post very encouraging

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Patm
on 11/17/12 5:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That's fantastic. You must be thrilled.

Kerry F.
on 11/17/12 6:20 am - Bolton, Canada

Yay for you!!!  Sounds like a terrific year - keep doing what you're doing!!!

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Most Active
Recent Topics