UUGH A Plateau

Derek C.
on 10/26/12 2:12 am - North Bay , Canada

Well after successfully completing a 5 km race on Oct 14th - the new goal was set to go to 10 KM , thus a new training plan via Adidas MiiCoach and the whole nine yards , now here we are on workout #7 of the new program and im stuck at 4 KM - cant go further , yet last week - i was able to go 7 KM twice , Please Ladies and Gents , im just venting - gonna refocus , take my Sunday Workout and just see how far i can go at a regulated pace and start from there.  Guess the moral of the story is plateaus happen everywhere , weight loss, exercise regimes and eating habits , keep smiling everyone and enjoy your weekend .

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

macrobug1
on 10/26/12 3:21 am

I hope you break through soon Derek!

May I suggest a nice little jog.  Starting at Algonquin and ending up at the airport??   Warning.  There is a smallish hill in there.

But you can do it.

Derek C.
on 10/26/12 8:11 am - North Bay , Canada

Ahhh too funny - a small hill LOL - ill stick to my nice rubberized running track for now - getting chilly though

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

kellybelly333
on 10/26/12 3:38 am - Toronto, Canada

Yep. Some days I have no problem doing 10k, others I get stuck at 5k. However, I use the Map My Run app on my iPhone, and the days that I find I can't go further, I have run faster in the beginning. So I get tired faster. Maybe this is happening to you?>

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

ShallowGirl
on 10/26/12 6:24 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Make sure you're up on your iron b12 supplements etc.  You may have depleted your stores so your body can't oxygenate as easily.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics