Full Bold Faced WHINE, I feel better now

OKNEE FE + 3
on 10/22/12 11:45 am
re-post for those who are not CCC, for those who are apologies for not being original

Hurry up and wait seems to be the credo of today’s health
care system. Dr Hagen scared the
begeebers out of me Friday about the consequences of my stomach getting “incarcerated
in my chest cavity etc. He convinced me
to take some time off work today, go in to see him and book my surgery,
originally planned for January, ASAP. WOW I am so glad I went!! (She
says sarcastically) my surgery is booked a full 2 weeks earlier
18-DEC-12!!! He is not pleased with the
date and asked me to leave it with him. He also told me that if the pain is “intolerable" to go to
the ER and that would speed things up. I
told him I wasn’t keen on doing that as I was hoping for an MIS rather than
open procedure, and he had lead me to believe that if I went through ER it would
be open. He corrected that by saying
that if my stomach was “incarcerated" he would have to do an open Emergency
surgery, but if it wasn’t he would admit me and bump an elective.

I really do not want to push the issue as I want Dr Hagen,
and fear that if I complain too much one of his partners, all of whom are very
talented and qualified may get asked to do the procedure. I pray I can make it to 18-DEC. In the interim all I really want to do is
cry, and I do not think it’s related to my iron deficiency.

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

sam1am
on 10/22/12 12:05 pm
Aw big hugz Leona, this situation seems to be agravating above and beyond uncomfortable, painful and more than a little nervewracking!  Whine and cry away if it helps, because I know I would be.  I sure hope you can get the date moved u*****t have too much trouble tolerating the situation until then! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

OKNEE FE + 3
on 10/22/12 12:18 pm
thanks Sandy

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Monica M.
on 10/22/12 12:47 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
hurry up and wait indeed. I hope you get this resolved soon, Oknee. hugs. hugs hugs hugs

Lorraine M.
on 10/22/12 12:57 pm - Canada
 Hi Leona,

sorry i missed you today at dr hagens. I agree that you should want him to do your surgery. I am sure he will get you bumped up to a sooner date. I doubt that he wants you going in through the emerg either. Is there anything that you can do in the meantime to keep your stomach in line? type of foods? prevacid? Try not to stress over it too much (i know easy for me to say) . You have gone through so much in your life already, just think of this as a small splinter as you are sliding down the staircase bannister of life. owch! Once this is behind you will feel so much better.

take care, hugs

Megan M.
on 10/22/12 1:27 pm - Canada
Oh Leona, I wish there was something I could do to help. Sincerely hoping this all goes smoothly for you.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/12 7:41 pm - Straford, Canada
 wow, going to emerg and it being open or waiting and having it lap is like being between a rock and a hrad place isn't it!  Hope he finds a quicker way.  
birdiegirl
on 10/22/12 8:33 pm
Hi Leona

This isn't whining .....whining to me is  "I haven't lost any weight in three days.....how can this be".....your concern is very real .....I am so sorry you have to go thru this...

I like that Dr Hagen said to leave the date with him....sounds like he is going to re-arrange things to get you into an OR sooner rather then later....

I hope you will be posting a November date for us soon.......and prayers for you Leona...

Barb

kellybelly333
on 10/22/12 11:28 pm - Toronto, Canada
Totally agree. I'm stopping all complaints about a stupid number I have in my head...NOW!

Good luck Leona!!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 10/22/12 9:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
What a situation. :(  I'm sorry you're going through all this physical pain, as well as this pain-in-the-butt red tape.  I hope you get an earlier date.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics