yummy treat!!

prdmomof3
on 10/1/12 5:41 am - Canada
Ok I am in LOVE with this!!

I take a container of vanilla greek yogurt
add a few tablespoons of canned pumpkin (good source of fiber)
and a little sprinkle of splenda brown sugar (you can omit this)
and a sprinkle of cinnamon....
Mix and BINGO.....tastes like pumpkin pie!!

I just love this....feels like I am eating a "guilty treat" and with thanksgiving coming up I can have "pumpkin pie" too!!

Michelle.

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 5:56 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Sounds great.
JJ_
on 10/1/12 5:59 am
How much sugar is in the container of vanilla greek yogurt?

I find that unless it is the plain greek yogurt, then is usually too much sugar/carbohydrates.  I imagine you could use plain greek yogurt and use some vanilla extract to add the vanilla flavour.

Judy
vanBee
on 10/1/12 6:30 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 07/25/12
 that was going to be my question.. 
First Referral (sent to the wrong place): September 17, 2011  ~  Second Referral:December 19, 2011  ~  EKG: February 3, 2012  ~  Abdominal Ultrasound: February 10, 2012  ~  Orientation: March 12, 2012  ~  Nurse Practicioner/Dietician:  April 18, 2012  ~ Internist: April 25, 2012  ~ Social Worker: May 3, 2012  ~  Endoscopy: May 3, 2012  ~  Surgeon Mtg: May 29, 2012  ~  Called With Surgery Date: June 20, 2012  ~  Nutrition Class: June 21, 2012  ~  Pre-Op: July 11, 2012  ~  RNY Surgery Date: July 25, 2012

Surgeon:
 Dr. Anvari

my angel is Monica M 
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 6:31 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I would buy plain greek yogurt and use some SF vanilla syrup or the French Vanilla splenda to flavour it and then do the rest.  The flavoured greek yogurts are full of added sugar.
sam1am
on 10/1/12 8:46 am
That sounds really good!  Thanks for sharing!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 10:29 am - Straford, Canada
 Thanks Michelle!  I eat a fair bit of PC 0% Greek yoghurt, 3/4 cup has 18g protein and 23 g carbs.  I have been adding a half a fruit (apple, banana, peach, whatever) and a couple of tablespoons low fat granola on top as a treat/snack.  Your pumpkin pie recipe will be tried this weekend coming for sure!  Have a grand Thanksgiving!  
time2changeme
on 10/1/12 11:06 am
Oh does that ever sound good!  Thanks Michelle, I will be making this for sure once I get to that stage.  Right now any recipe sound good, being on opti-fast for my 6 week stretch!  
mermaidz
on 10/1/12 2:26 pm - Brampton, Canada
I dump in some protein powder, and whatever fresh fruits I feel like into the PC Greek gurt.

Just had mandarin oranges..yummy but it works with all kinds of fresh fruit.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

ShallowGirl
on 10/1/12 8:45 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
That pumpkin pie yogurt sounds awesome ! I will definitely try this weekend.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics