Need some clothing advice

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 9/27/12 4:24 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
 So I went through my closet again today. I have far too many clothes! My new addiction( mostly second hand though). 
Anyway, here is my dilemma. I am not yet a year out til November 16. I just took all of my size 8's and a lot of my 6's out of my closet today. I am very comfortably into a size 4 in most things. Would you keep those 6's and 8's or get rid of them? As I've been going through sizes I am usually very quick to get rid of the things that are too big but find myself hesitating with these. Am I deluding myself into thinking that I will stay a size four or setting myself up for allowing myself to let my weight creep up because I stil have clothes that will fit me if I put on a few pounds? 
What have you done? Tossed the too big or kept a just in case pile???
Cher

niceeyes72
on 9/27/12 4:28 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
I am no where near that stage yet, but I think this is what I might do....
Keep a few of the smaller cut  size 6's. toss the 8's(donate- whatever...)
Are you still losing?
Maybe a few Vets will have better suggestions for you.... 

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 9/27/12 10:33 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
I am losing still, albeit slowly.  I have seven pounds to go to my goal. I think i will toss the eights but keep some of the sixes.
Cher

Patm
on 9/27/12 4:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I would only keep a few things are really god. Through out anything old or that you really do not like that much

Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/27/12 5:30 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I'd give away the 8's... I'd keep any smaller cut 6's and no more than 4 head to toe outfits... That could be 4 dresses, 4 tops and bottoms, etc.

I hope that makes sense... 4 is enough for... T.O.M., Holiday screw ups, etc.

Congrats on being comfortably in a size 4!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Lupie007
on 9/27/12 12:01 pm - Canada
I'm with Cuter. Keep the 6's for your FAT days....bahahaha
ShallowGirl
on 9/27/12 5:46 am, edited 9/27/12 5:47 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
How long have you been a 4? You can't get plastic surgery until you've stabilized a year at your weight and if you're not even a year out, how long could you have been a 4?

I'm just saying I would wait. Clothing costs money. However, there's no reason to clutter up your closet.

My sister would put the 6's in a box labeled 6 and the 8's in a box labeled 8, then plastic bag them and store them somewhere.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 9/27/12 10:41 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
I've been wearing my fours for only three weeks and only because my friends kept saying " buy some new pants, those are too big". It took me a while to wrap my head around being able to buy smaller clothes still. But that is just a head thing for me as I've gone through that with the all the size changes. " i'd say to myself, i know my pants are too big but theres no way i can be a size 10, 8, 6 and so on"
I still have seven pounds to go to goal i hope to be able to settle in somewhere near there.
I think maybe i willcopy your sister and  box and label the 6's.  
Cher

nata
on 9/27/12 6:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
second hand? toss them.
If you bounce back you'll have a good reason either to lose again or to buy new stuff. TOSS!
I donated everything too big, except for a few black XL-male  t-shirts, that my hubby reused, lol.
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
twins4meplus1
on 9/27/12 6:34 am - St Thomas, Canada
I originally kept only the things I could wear at my lowest weight and then low and behold at 4-5 years out I had about a one size bounce back so I had to buy new again. I don't generally buy second hand so this can be expensive. Now I keep my current size and one size smaller because I hope to get back into those clothes again when I lose the bounce back weight.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics