Parry sound - meetings ? Do you think Weigh****chers would be good support

Janet Pratt
on 9/17/12 4:04 pm - Parry Sound, Canada

I'm frustrated with ME!  Life has many issues but I need to take off 40 lbs to get back to my lowest oh weight after my RNY.  Has anyone tried WW AFTER gastric bypass for support.  

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/17/12 5:24 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada
While I am pre-op, might I suggest TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) rather than WW?

TOPS is cheaper ($32 annual fee, weekly fee of $3 or less) and is a support-focused group, with no set food plan.

Worth a try.  (Google TOPS for a location near you.)

mmm
TOPS Weight Recorder for ever and ever

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

birdiegirl
on 9/18/12 3:29 am

Hi Janet

Yes I think its a great idea....

I actually go with a friend who needs some support.....its not a ton of money.....sometimes I use the e-tools....( though I usually use Fitday)....and it sure isnt going to hurt me

Its tough to lose the regain......I can maintain very easily....but losing requires diligence on my part...

Good for you to catch it now before it really gets out of hand...

Good luck

Janet Pratt
on 9/18/12 7:42 am - Parry Sound, Canada

thanks - I went to TOPS years ago and it was all about calorie counting.  I loved WW years ago and I under the program has improved.  I really need the support and maybe new friends.  I would love to start up a group of RYN Gastric Bypass but my life is busy and I'm afraid I could not put the time and energy into the meeeting that it would require.  Maybe down the road.  Thanks for your response.  My mom thinks its a good idea so I'm going to go for it.  Parry Sound you have to pay for 20 weeks at once, no weekly payments so I'm committed for 20 weeks and I'll make another decision after that.  Just not sure how to apply their point system to our system as we do not absorb like a normal person.  Thanks and wish me  luck

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/18/12 8:22 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
An excellent decision, Janet -- whatever works for you is the best decision.

I certainly do wish you luck -- I'm sure you will manage just fine.  Twenty weeks takes you in to 2013 and will give you a strong base of renewed rny eating habits.

Best wishes

Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Janet Pratt
on 9/18/12 11:10 am - Parry Sound, Canada

Thanks for your support.  OH had always been a great group and helped me thru many obstacles .  Best wishes to Everyone!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics