Busy "Vacation"

Catw
on 9/11/12 11:19 am - Arnprior, Canada

Wow, get away from the computer for a few days, and the world goes by.  Haven't been on since Karen was asking about going to ER or the GP.  Yikes, missed a lot.  But been busy myself.

Thursday was all day meetings, as I only had a 2 day week.  Friday was an Orthodontist appt with my oldest.  Took the day off as it was in the middle of the day.  Then with the kids on the weekend, and trying to get car parts.  Fun.  Yesterday, I took my oldest son to the Pediatrician.  Low and behold, they told me what I already knew.  My oldest has General Anxiety Disorder, and some of his problems at school last year might have been caused by that.  Well now we have a resolution planned, just have to start.  And one of his anxieties is with dentists, but the Orthodontist was really good with him.  Just have to get him to be able to tolerate a cleaning then we can fix his teeth.

As for today, my baby started Kindergarten.  Went on the bus for his first day at school today.  Growing up so fast.  Such a mixed feelings day about that.  Planned on resting the rest of the day, but Mom had other plans for me.  Oh well, just sitting here wondering how the day went.  Will know in about 1/2 an hour.  Thats when the bus arrives.  I've made cookies, and picked up some raspberry squares for a treat for him.  See what he thinks of that when he gets home.

Just had to share.

Hope everyone else had a good day.
Cathy

gardeninggal
on 9/11/12 5:38 pm - Midland, Canada
 You sound like a busy, loving, caring, intelligent busy mom!  Good for you that you dug in and had your son diagnosed and now you probably have some tools to work with and he probably feels like someone finally gets it.  Betcha everyone enjoys their treat that you had ready!  Good Job MOM 

Catw
on 9/11/12 6:26 pm - Arnprior, Canada
Thanks! It's good to have a "pro" back me on what I've known for a long time.  Now to start therapy, will be calling tomorrow about it.  Hopefully this will help him with problems in the future.

Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics