It's official, I have a hernia.

trudylam
on 8/3/12 11:51 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great long weekend.  I spent last night in the ER at HRRH because I have been having aweful pains in my abdomen since March.  I went to the Barrie hospital in May and they did a CT scan and an xray and didn't see anything.  Last night I had a pelvic ultrasound and some bloodwork.  A general surgeon came in to consult with me and he determined that I most likely have a hernia but that they wouldn't deal with it last night because it wasn't an emergency. He spoke to Dr. Klein and they told me to see Dr. Hagan (I have an appointment booked for the 15th of August) and that he would order the exploratory surgery to see what's going on in there and make the necessary repairs.  This is totally bad timing but I'm trying to not let it stress me out.  I start a new job in 4 weeks and it looks like I'm going to need some time off.  One step at a time I guess.
sam1am
on 8/4/12 12:12 am
Well I guess thats good and bad news, eh Trudy?  The most important thing is to get you fixed up!  The job will be there, I'm sure!  Hopefully it will resolve your pain! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/12 2:19 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I have had 3 repairs done and unless you have to lift for your new job, you won't be off long. They do the repairs as day surgery now and also do them lap so recovery is not long.  I was back to a desk job the day after surgery.
Jo-Anna B.
on 8/4/12 8:17 am
sorry to hear...so is the appointment to just see dr.hagen so he can tell you what he thinks? then set up an appointment for a laprascopey?

APPLIED TO OHIP FOR PANNI ON NOV 20/09.    
APPROVED FOR PANNI ON JAN 15/10. 
PANNI SURGERY ON MAY 03/10.

STARTING WEIGHT:270. LOWEST WEIGHT:143  APPLIED TO OHIP FOR  BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION ON: OCT 19/11.                              BILATERAL BREAST REDUTION: OCT 22,2012.
  LAPAROSCOPY/PETERSON'S HERNIA:AUG 31,2012. 
   (  SUFFERED FOR SIX MONTHS,I SHOULD OF DIED )                 
JJ_
on 8/4/12 11:11 am
At least they are figuring this out so you will not be in pain too long.  Congrats on the new job!

Judy
ShallowGirl
on 8/4/12 11:41 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Yes, the good news is they are figuring it out vs phantom pain.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics