Miserable Morning

Catw
on 6/5/12 11:18 pm - Arnprior, Canada
What a start to the day.  Woke up not bad, a little tired, but not a morning person.  Once I got moving, I made lunches as usual (waited for my 7 year old to say what he wanted today), then started the fight to get him to take his medicine (on antibiotics for an ear infection).  Was running late again, so I went to get ready for work and took my vits on an empty tummy.  By the time I was getting dressed, I had a headache, backache and tummy problems.  So I took tylonal, and grabbed a PB&J wrap to go.  The wrap helped my tummy a bit, and tylonal helped my head, but my back was still a problem.  Made it into work, and found out it was TOM starting it's call.  It explains most of the trouble, waiting to be able to take something for TOM, but things have started settling.

This post has 2 purposes, first to vent/whine about my rough start.  And second, does anyone else react badly/weirdly to taking their vits on an empty tummy?  When I first was able to take pills, I seemed to dump on certain multi-vits, but that had seemed to go away.  This wasn't dumping, but my pouch wasn't happy this morning.

Cathy

Monica M.
on 6/5/12 11:27 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
they make me nauseated sometimes, if on an empty tummy.

niceeyes72
on 6/5/12 11:33 pm, edited 6/5/12 11:33 pm - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
I can't take my Multi on an empty tummy.... YUCK!
Hope your day ends better than it started!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

sam1am
on 6/5/12 11:45 pm
I feel sick when I've taken my multi on an empty stomach as well.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

tango123
on 6/6/12 12:03 am
Sorry you had a rough start. I had to laugh becasue I am still groggy and misread your "vits" as starting with a T. I had to re-read it. So Thanks for the morning giggle.
Your mornings sound like mine. Get up feed kids...make lunches. blah blah blah.
I can't take vitamins on an empty tummy, plus i find I have to eat right after my calcium because it leaves such an awful after taste.
Catw
on 6/6/12 12:44 am - Arnprior, Canada
Thanks everyone, makes me feel better knowing it's not just me.  And my day is getting better, most of the pain is gone, and I found some good political news (does happen once in a blue moon, or when Venus flies by) this morning.  Hope everyone has a good Hump Day!

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/12 1:40 am, edited 6/6/12 1:40 am
I am preop so not certain if this helps at all but I get a really upset tummy if I take my vitties without food.  Then again, I also get it with food too.

TOM? (I realize what you have but not certain the acronym)
Catw
on 6/6/12 1:59 am - Arnprior, Canada
Time Of Month is what it stands for.

Thanks for the info, never noticed if it bothered me without food pre-op.

Cathy
happypants
on 6/6/12 2:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Cathy I used to get sick taking vitamins but since I switched to the Opurity chewabled it's never a problem. The Ottawa Civic pharmacy carries them. Made all the difference in the world

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/12 3:46 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
I can not take my pills on an empty stomach, I get nauseated.
Most Active
Recent Topics