Day 5 - 5 DPT

Catw
on 5/17/12 10:58 pm - Arnprior, Canada
Hey Everyone, hope you are doing well so far.  I've been doing OK.  I did have some manderan orange last night, but it was more because I hadn't had a BM, and didn't want problems today.

Not sure how today will go for me, didn't bring any food, so I'll have to go out at lunch, not sure what I'll get.  Would have brought something, but wasn't in the mood.  I got a call right after school yesterday, my 7 year old has a one day suspension today.  I'm still having a hard time dealing with that, I've tried everything I can think of, and it hasn't helped.  I was thinking of cheating on the diet last night, but like alchohol, I knew it wouldn't help, and I'd just be feeling worse, physically and because I cheated.  Then this morning, he got up and had attitude, and a tantrum, which lead to him staying in his room, and doing some chores in there.  He also had to do his homework for the month (4 pages, so not much).  And he's got restrictions today too.

With being in a mood where nothing was interesting, I only had coffee this morning, a XL Dec 2Xmilk 2X sweetener, and was tempted to get a chocolate chip muffin.  But I decided I better not.

See where I end up for lunch, planning on lots of protein, just not sure what.

Cathy

Dianadcr
on 5/17/12 11:06 pm - Canada
Sorry, Cathy, hope things will iron themselves out soon. You're amazing though in the sense that you didn't fall prey to smothering yourself with food. Well done. Take a breath and take your time and focus on whatbis best for you.
Today I'm staying away from eggs. I can't tolerate them so back to my premier shake for breakfast. I'm making turkey chili for supper so will start it early and have a bowl at lunch. Doesn't sound too exciting but it's not a bad choice. Take care of yourself and continued success on this plan.
  Diana

Catw
on 5/17/12 11:42 pm - Arnprior, Canada
Thanks Diana, food was never a real comfort thing.  It never did what it was supposed to. i.e. caffeine and or sugar keep me awake & give me energy.  I'd try it because of what I heard, but it never did anything for me, well until now.  Caffeine doesn't give me energy, but it does affect my sleep now.  I ate from boardom, or to just do something.  Or because it needed to be cleaned up.

Cathy
Btrue2u
on 5/17/12 11:36 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Kids you cant leave them and you cant KILL them.  lol They sure know what buttons to push dont they.  Hope the rest of your weekend goes better  big  
Catw
on 5/17/12 11:44 pm - Arnprior, Canada
Thanks for the hug, hope the weekend is OK, we're camping.

They do know how to test their limits, and go beyond, then wonder why you are upset with them.

Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 10:12 am
Hey Cathy, I hope you have a good weekend to make up for this week.

Well this is the first time I've made it through a 5DPT without giving into cravings! I am learning a new mantra, "I am stronger than my wants." I pulled out my IKEA children's play dishes once again and I am going to stick to using them so I'm not tempted to eat too much, especially carbs because I can just fit the protein on the plate.
Derek C.
on 5/18/12 12:36 pm - North Bay , Canada
I have a question for those completing the 5DPT - on day three can you still consume the stuff from Day 1 and 2 as wll as day 3 or just the items specified for day three??  Reason im asking is that i think im going to do a 5DPT starting Monday - just wanted to be sure thats all .  Many thanks for your advice

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

ibed
on 5/18/12 1:10 pm
i was told yes, you can eat what you had on the days before.  good luck on monday if you do the 5dpt - is this your first?  it was mine, was tough but nice to know i have more power over the cravings then carbs do..lol

debi.,
Catw
on 5/18/12 10:12 pm - Arnprior, Canada
 I don't know the exact rules, but I did a couple times.  Karen put her menu on each day I did a post for the 5 DPT, check out what she was having, she's done this before, it was my first time too!

Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics