Accountability Angel

narhik
on 5/14/12 9:10 pm - Ontario, Canada
Okay so I know I am really good at saying it but this time I am seeking the support from my OH family. When I feel like I am failing I go into hiding. I need an angel just like at the beginning. I need someone who can be tough. Someone who will e-mail me or facebook me if I look like I am dropping off the cyber universe.

I am scared I am really really really really sucking at taking my supplements. As I am going for more infusions and vit B12 shots it has put the fear in me. This morning with the support of my daughter she helped me put together some supplement packs today. I need to buy more but I have a good start until the weekend.

I am up and down with my food and my weight. However, right now I am more concerned about taking my supplements and I seem to be obsesseed with my weight I know this is one aspect I am really good at holding myself accountable.

I need to get this under control before I make myself even more sick then what I am!!!!!

Kerry

Karen M.
on 5/14/12 9:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Kerry, you know that I'm ALWAYS here for you! And as I'm about to start infusions this Friday, we could certainly help each other.

Love you dear. XO 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

narhik
on 5/14/12 9:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
I would really really like that.... You are the tough cookie I need!!!!

Thanks.....
Karen M.
on 5/14/12 10:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada
And you're the sweetheart that I need.  A match made in heav...... well, somewhere. lol

Okay, let's list what we're supposed to be taking and TAKE IT.

Citrical petites - 2x per day - one batch in
Multi - 2x per day - one batch in
FeraMAX iron - just taking one per day since I'm starting infusions on Friday - done
Vitamin C - 1 per day - done
Vitamin D - 2x per day - one batch in
Magnesium - 1 per day
B12 - they're going to give me my shots at the blood clinic on Fridays

I feel like I'm forgetting something. lol

Karen

narhik
on 5/14/12 11:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
Okay so I am 4 years out had the DS surgery and struggle with deficenties so when I spoke with the vitalady last year this is the schedule she gave me. I have teaked it a little bit but not too much. I am going to do this until July and have my labs taken again.

I am suppose to take a lot of vitimans throughout the day.

biotin
calicum
need to get a multi vitamin
Vit C, D3, A/D, E
b12 - monthly through doctor
iron - 2 a week through infusion

There are a couple of other ones I do not have right now and need to make a trip to the States to get them.

Kerry
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/14/12 9:22 pm
I'm wondering why you are having a hard time with taking the supplements.

Is it because you forget and all of a sudden it's 5 O'clock and you can't get them all in...or??? 

If it's a timing issue would taking them at every meal help - so it becomes routine?

Do you have a container to put them in (or perhaps that's what you mean by supplement pack)
At the $1.25 store they have weekly pill containers. I find they help

Keep the container somewhere you will walk by it several times a day.

narhik
on 5/14/12 9:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
I am having a hard time because I stopped being committed to them and stopped having them apart of my daily routine. My supplements were in a big container with their little baggies under my bed. Therefore out of site out of mind.

I have set my alarm on my phone to remind me it is time to take them. It worked for the first part of the day yesterday but then I had my Osterporsis Infusion and went to bed so I did not take the dinner or bedtime supplements.

But today is a new day.... My alarm is set my little baggies are marked and I have taken my morning pills all ready so I would like to think I am off to a good start. I think this really is going to be one day at a time for me. But hopefully I will have a lot of good days.

Kerry
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/14/12 9:36 pm
You are starting out well - with a positive attitude that is.

If keeping them in little baggies works for you, how about having them a little more visible in different locations. Like say, keep your bedtime bag on your night stand? or the dinner one in the kitchen?

Good luck to you!

Karen M.
on 5/14/12 10:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Isn't it weird how that can happen? It's almost like an aversion.  Stoopid brain.

Karen

Joyce J.
on 5/14/12 10:11 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Keep your chin up, you have a wonderful person in Karen to help. You can help each other

Keep posting here as well. We can all motivate each other

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Most Active
Recent Topics