4 1/2 years of hell

Heather K.
on 3/25/12 5:00 am - Ajax, Canada
Hello everyone I know i seem to pop in once and awhile but for some reason I can never find the right message board and then find my way back. 
I had my surgery September 24, 2007.  I have not had a very sucessful experience.... I had alot of complications, surgeries, revisions, scopes etc.  In fact I just had number 20!  With all of the problems I have had it includes extreme stomache pain, bowel pain, not able to eat solid foods, vomitting, and the fact that I have almost died.
I use to attend a support group, actually I use to hold meetings at my home.  I would really like to get back in touch and get back involved with a support group so that I can share my story and get supports I need.  I feel like I am on the verge of a break down and I really don't want to feel this way anymore.
Anyone with information about the support meetings in Durham region would be great......
Thanks so much,
heatherk
derkatmomma
on 3/25/12 5:09 am - Canada
Hi Heather,

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having.. my goodness!

I do not have the info on the durham region support that you need but I thought I could offer a hug  for all you are going through.

You must be a very strong lady to go through so much, I know it must be hard to live with the after effects you have been experiencing.  I hope you find the support you need.

Rhonda

Heather K.
on 3/25/12 5:16 am - Ajax, Canada
Thanks Rhonda.... and to be honest I would have agreed that I was a strong person until the last 2 weeks.... I just can't take anymore of this and I feel like I am going to snap.  Thanks for the hug.
heatherk
Monica M.
on 3/25/12 5:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm sorry you've had such a tough experience. I hope things get better for you. Have you tried calling your WLS centre and getting in touch with a therapist? it sounds like you might need more assistance than a support group could offer you.

Hugs
monica

Heather K.
on 3/25/12 5:19 am - Ajax, Canada
Hello Monica, I don't have a WLS centre.  As for a therapist they are sending me to see someone.... I also have a social worker that comes in and everyone is also wanting me to get in touch with the support group in this area.
Thanks,
heatherk
Monica M.
on 3/25/12 5:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Where did you have your surgery?

I'm glad that you have someone looking out for you. If they've suggested a support group, then that makes sense.

Take Care,

Hannahmumma03
on 3/25/12 6:11 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
sent you a message about the durham region weight loss surgery support group! take care!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/25/12 7:33 am - Windsor, Canada
Hi Heather,

I think this is the Heather I've talked to a few times before.  Glad to see you posting again.

Did they ever rule out candy cane with you? 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Heather K.
on 3/25/12 7:41 am - Ajax, Canada

Hey Dawn,  yes I have talked to you a couple of times.  What is candy cane?
heatherk

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/25/12 8:06 am - Windsor, Canada
http://www.nietoeditores.com.mx/download/Cirugia%20y%20Cirujanos/julio-agosto2010/eng/Cir%20cir%204.12%20ingles%20CANDY%20CANE.pdf

I'm seeing more and more patients with failures in surgery due to candy cane roux issues. I remember you were on soups for quite some time.  Pain, dumping, nausea  symptoms etc.   I don't know if this fits you to a "t" or if it has been looked at as a possiblity but I've just noticed more and more people having issues with this (Ontario and US surgeons).  Just wondering if this has been excluded or examined in all your tests.  

Have they found any more issues?

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics