ONEderland :)

Tristan Shular
on 3/19/12 12:02 am - Barrie, Canada
 hey everybody!!!
wow its been a while since i have posted on here. i have been a busy girl, a lot of life changes going on in my world the past few months. as of friday, i weigh 186lbs!!! i started out at 272.5 on october 6th, the day i started opti-fast. so what am i dealing with in terms of life changes you ask? well i have had to get almost a new wardrobe which is constantly changing but i love it. my body looks different, my hair is falling out like a mofo lol i get dizzy spells but its so worth it. i have so much more energy. i can run up like 3 flights of stairs and be mildly short of breath....i have energy to go for long walks. i have been sort of bad though and havent started a work out routine. i was thinking of joining Curves actually, any one else go to curves? i will have to try and upload some pictures sometime soon. or if people want to, they can add me to facebook - Tristan Shular!!
so i ended a 7 year relationship (long time coming, on and off). not because i had the surgery but because i fell out of love with him. i had been with him since i was 19 and i turn 27 this year! i moved to orillia to be closer to work (not having a car sucks) and im really happy right now. i do slack sometimes in terms of taking my vitamins but ive never been one to take pills on a regular basis so im definitely working on improving that!!! i have my "6 month" check up with the surgeon at the end of the month! i cant believe its been 5 months already. 86.5lbs GONE!!! it feels amazing. 
i wish all the best to any new butterflies having the surgery and to those who have had the surgery :) its really an amazing experience and everyone goes through it differently. i had a rough start but man was it worth it. people dont even recognize me anymore. especially people from high school! the first thing they say to me "hey skinny minny!!". i fit into a size L for most shirts...i can buy a regular coat, not plus size. i still wear maternity jeans with an elastic waist because they are so comfortable lol i use to have to buy a 2x in maternity jeans or a size 18 -depending on the sizes and material...now i can go to old navy and buy a pair of skinnys at size 14! i bought my first bras from victoria secret and a pair of pj bottoms :) not to sound materialistic...but it has opened  up a lot of doors for me fashion wise!!!
anyway, i dont know what else to say....but i just wanted to post an update!!!!
Referral was sent in April of 2011 and my Surgery is scheduled for Oct 20 of 2011 :D

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/19/12 12:13 am
ONEderful!!! Love the positivity!!! Doing good!

Monica M.
on 3/19/12 12:17 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Tristan you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, now lets talk about maternity jeans.... really, tristan, really???

Clinton and Stacey would be all over you!!!!! please.. wear regular lady pants, please????

Lol.... keep rocking it.

and get out of the maternity store!!

Sirene
on 3/19/12 12:04 pm - Ottawa, Canada
OMG Monica I thought the exact same thing!!......"Clinton and Stacey would be having a coronary!"

Jennifer  

Brenda T.
on 3/19/12 12:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wonderful!! I can hear you are enjoying the new you. Congratulations!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

DonnaK12
on 3/19/12 1:11 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Congradulations!  I can't wait to feel that good!!

mamadri
on 3/19/12 1:24 am
Thanks for sharing all the changes, I am 4 feeks since surgery and it is great to hear all the positive changes that have happened.
Joyce J.
on 3/19/12 2:00 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Tristan

You are doing awesome, congrats

Keep up the good work

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

PatXYZ
on 3/19/12 2:25 am
I'm concerned about the dizzy spells you mentioned. Have you looked into this with your doctor?
Moselle
on 3/19/12 3:53 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on your successes todate.  Sound like you've made some real positive changes.  Keep up the good work.

I have to agree with Monica - dump the maternity pants. Celebrate the new you by wearing clothes that fit you properly! 

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics