Optifast Menu Help?

binaakwe
on 3/3/12 4:08 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
My wife is on Day Four of Optifast.  I am the family cook and am feeling desperate.  My wife is fine with the Optifast shakes (cold water over crushed ice).  But the lack of texture is driving her nuts.  She chews sugar-free gum.  She eats jello (i am making several batches this afternoon).  She drinks broth.  She has spring water.  She has tea and coffee.  She has flavored water. 

But she needs a different texture than all of these liquids.    Vegetables are not allowed by TWH but has anybody heard anything about jello pudding?

Or anything else that doesn't get on the list but is sometimes allowed?

Thanks as always.

- Bin

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

Monica M.
on 3/3/12 4:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
no no no to jello pudding. that has too many calories, too many carbs.

Try making the optifast with a bit of water and ice cubes, in the blender. It kind of makes it the texture of a wendy's froster.

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 4:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I chewed on ice cubes for texture and also my pen caps seemed to have ended up all chewed up. LOL

Definitely no to the pudding.
brenda_mcconnell
on 3/3/12 4:27 am - Oshawa , Canada
RNY on 04/18/12
I am unable to get ahold of my nutritionist (Katie Warwick) at TWH. I had a ? about adding KNOX to jello. I start OPTI April 4th and with KNOX in the jello it makes it thicker and you have to CHEW. Once I find out I will let you know.
Good luck to your wife.

Brenda
Monica M.
on 3/3/12 4:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
knox gelatin would be fine to add to your jello. In fact, you can actually make sugar free "jello" with knox gelatin and sugar free kool aid or crystal lite or something like that

Leanne1
on 3/3/12 6:06 am - Newmarket, Canada
 When I have tried to get a hold of her, it takes her 3/4 days to get back to me. 
SandpaperSandy
on 3/3/12 4:31 am - Kitchener, Canada
I ate most of my opti as pudding instead of a cold shake.

I cut back on the amount of liquid and made it in a thick pudding like mix - it was like making mud pies - you start the pack and then add a bit of water, and then a bit more water until was like pudding.

It gives you something other than a "drink"

PatXYZ
on 3/3/12 4:56 am
What about jello/crystal light popsicles? She can bite into them.
binaakwe
on 3/3/12 4:59 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Thanks for the suggestions.

I neglected to mention that the jello is SF jello and the jello pudding I was asking about was SF jello pudding.

Thanks again.

- Bin.

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 5:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
SF pudding is still a no, way too many calories and carbs from the milk in it.
Most Active
Recent Topics