Good Hotels

binaakwe
on 2/29/12 5:40 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 08/13/12
Hi.

Can anyone recommend some good hotels to stay in near Toronto General Hospital?

Thanks!

Referral:     Dec 12, 2011                                        RNY Surgery:         August 13, 2012
          HW:          394 lbs                                                 SW:                        334 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/12 6:49 am - Guelph, Canada
 I dont know of any but thats because i live in Guelph... but what i wanted to tell you is sometimes certain hotels offer hospital rates ask you clinic if they have deals with any local hotels... and then always check on trip advisor they usually have pretty honest feedback on hotels and make sure you check for bed bugs. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/29/12 7:37 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Do you mean Toronto East General or Toronto General downtown?
PatXYZ
on 2/29/12 7:39 am
Just to be clear, do you mean Toronto General, Toronto Western, or Toronto East General?

If you mean Toronto General, that's my hood and I can tell you that the closest hotel is definitely the Delta Chelsea, just two short blocks away. If you mean Toronto East General, I can't help you, unfortunately.

If you mean Toronto Western, there is a hotel in Chinatown very close to the hotel that people sometimes recommend, but as I'm not familiar with it (I think it might be a Super 8), I will leave it to others who know it.

A few blocks further on (closer to Toronto General), there are more options and it depends how fancy a place you like ot stay at. The Delta Chelsea at Yonge and Gerrard and two Marriott hotels, one at the Eaton Centre and another Courtyard hotel at Yonge and College are close by, as is the Holiday Inn just a block east of Yonge and College. Any of these are in a nice part of the city and just a 5 minute drive away from T*****lse just a short streetcar ride away and within walking distance of Toronto General.
Sunnydaz
on 2/29/12 8:15 am
Sorry for the confusion.  I meant Toronto East General Hospital.

Thanks for the help!

Orientation: Oct. 5/11     NP: Nov. 16/11     SW: Nov. 16/11
NC: Nov. 23/11     N-1on1: Jan. 6/12     PSYC: Jan. 6/12
Surgeon:  Feb. 24/12     Surgery:  March 20/12

Linda G.
on 2/29/12 8:20 am - Canada
There is a Days Inn at Queen and Kingston Road that a few people have stayed at and said it was very comfortable and affordable.  Very close to East General
Linda G
Toronto

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Susan B.
on 2/29/12 11:58 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
The days in is the best bet for TEGH.  There are cheaper hotels/motels further east on Kingston rd however unless you know them you dont want to book any of them. 

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Most Active
Recent Topics