Let me re-introduce myself (with pics)

keri1970
on 2/12/12 10:31 am, edited 2/12/12 10:34 am - Canada
So 15 almost 16 months have passed since my surgery.

I was really interested in OH pre-surgery like most people, then I just kinda faded away to live my new life. Recently I popped back on to see old familiars and watch some of the new people with their excitement (some of my excitement has faded for sure) I though since I have resurfaced, I should post some new pics and give you an update, I know people that are Pre-Surgical LOVE the before and after (at least I did, it gave me hope for my future)

On the 15Th of this month it will be 16 months since Dr. Klein gave me the tool that changed my life.

I have lost over 165 lbs but feel somewhat isolated from others that have had the surgery.

Why you might ask?

Because I was clinically diagnosed with anorexia about 4/5 months ago now. So my weight loss was extreme for a reason, I literally starved myself thin. At first it wasn't noticeable because I was so over weig,t but as it became more apparent my family, friends, and then doctors started to question why my weight wasn't stabilizing. I want to make something really clear, I was caught early enough that I am still in low but healthy weight range for my height, but if I had carried on it wouldn't have stayed there long.Yes it does happen, and yes it could happen, I am living proof of that.

My story is a long complicated one, but I have found by being truthful and putting myself out there with my eating issues has really helped me to heal. I weighed about 289 lbs when I started this journey, I don't include the weight loss I had pre-surgical on optifast in the 165 plus lbs lost, it's easier for me for whatever reason, and I never admit to what my true weight is, to protect myself from the negative remarks.

So here I am, back on OH, looking to see if there is anyone else out there like me? I know for a fact I am not alone. you can add me easily as a friend and we can exchange our stories and support one another, trust me if you are reading this and feeling alone because you are struggling on the other end of things, YOU AREN'T, because here  I am!

Love, Light, Health and Happiness to All
Keri XOXO

July 26th 2010  Dr. Klein, Social Worker
August 9th 2010 WLS Classes
August 16th 2010 Nut and Dr.Glazer (internist)
September 7th 2010 Dr.Klein and get a date
October 1st 2010- Start Optifast  October 6th 2010- PATTS
October 15 2010- SURGERY
JenH1969 is the most beautiful in this world...why?
Because she is mine!

Janet13
on 2/12/12 10:42 am - Toronto, Canada
sam1am
on 2/12/12 11:33 am
Thank you for sharing your story, Keri!  All the best going forward!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

keri1970
on 2/12/12 11:47 am - Canada
Sam it's funny but even after so many months away, I know who I can depend on for support and encouragement, thank you for that!
October 15 2010- SURGERY
Because she is mine!

sam1am
on 2/13/12 6:28 am

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

cayleighsmom
on 2/12/12 9:12 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
Keri, thank you for sharing.  I'm pre-op myself and love this board. And to be honest i view every picture i have access to. It doe sgive me hope and motivation. Your exerience and story is so valuable.  It shows us that we really will always have a love/hate relationship with food, and it is so important to keep on top of this through what ever means possiable/available. This is a post i will nto forget, and i am sharing it with my hubby so that he can also be aware, and watchful. Thank you again for being so honest

barbie
Karen W.
on 2/12/12 10:10 pm - Canada
Hi Keri.

Welcome back!  And thank you so much for sharing your story.  I'm 2 lbs away from a normal BMI and am actually a bit afraid of losing too much.  You have reminded me that I need to be as vigilant about ensuring that I don't lose too much weight as I have been about losing it in the first place.

I look forward to reading more posts from you!

RNY April 11, 2011       

keri1970
on 2/12/12 10:29 pm - Canada
Thank you for reading, understanding and encouraging me.

I read a post earlier about what we would change if we could start over. I wouldn't change a whole lot, but what I would do is pay more attention when they talked about eating disorders in my educational classes at Humber, you NEVER think it could or would happen to you, how is it possible to go from being morbidly obese to being under weight?

For others reading this, It's ok to comment, I am not ashamed, I am an open book, I can and will answer any kind of question if it will help prevent someone from being like me.

There are many dimensions to this surgery, although my journey seems unique, each one of us has a very different story to tell.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone that has messaged me privately, the support is astonishing.
October 15 2010- SURGERY
Because she is mine!

DonnaK12
on 2/12/12 10:44 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Thank  you for sharing this.  I never even realized that this could happen.  I am still pre-op and waiting for my surgeon appt.

magpie4495
on 2/13/12 2:33 am - Canada
Hi Keri - thanks for sharing and being so honest with yourself and open with us.  I wish you the best as you continue on your journey.
Best,
Cherill
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

Most Active
Recent Topics