OMG, the first egg!

Radiogirl39
on 11/22/11 12:41 am - Canada

Monica was right, it's divine! Lol

I am 11 days post op, I have finally reached 20 lbs lost since starting OF and I have had no tolerance issues ro any fluids for foods. I decided I was ready and poached an egg (also a first!).  It was freaking delicious!  I hope I didn't eat it too fast though.  Now I sit and wait to see how my body deals with it.  I am so excited to be moving out of full fluids.  I think it was harder than 2 weeks of OF, or maybe it was so hard because of the 2 weeks.

I've been out of the house and been to the grocery store or Home depot or Canadian Tire, but today I'm going on my first walk on my own.  Today is my day of firsts!

Julie

Brenda T.
on 11/22/11 12:44 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That's great Julie! Today is the first of the rest of your life. Enjoy.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Radiogirl39
on 11/22/11 12:47 am - Canada
Thanks Brenda! 

Now I just have to figure out how to get my ticker to move.  I thought I'd done it yesterday.

Monica M.
on 11/22/11 12:49 am, edited 11/22/11 12:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
your ticker says 117 lbs to go, what should it say? Have you tried logging out and signing back in again?

Monica M.
on 11/22/11 12:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It's so exciting to eat "real" foods again, isnt it?
Yay for walking!!! 
Yay for eggs!!!
Yay for slow eating!!!

it's weird, eh, to wait and see how we're going to 'react' to foods. I was so afraid of eating anything new if i was away from home.

Radiogirl39
on 11/22/11 12:53 am - Canada
Wooooo!!! Feels good!

You're right though, I'm sitting here, just waiting.....lol.  I'm supposed to go out with a friend about 5pm and she said "You're gonna try an egg today, when we are going out?!"  I said, "It's not like I will be bedridden the rest of the day" 

As for my ticker, it's still not resetting for me, but if you guys can see it I will wait.  Thanks!

Monica M.
on 11/22/11 12:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol.. i just pictured you as some southern belle, "taking to her bed" after eating and having a "spell"... lawd, just let me lie here a bit, dahling....

Radiogirl39
on 11/22/11 1:05 am - Canada
Lmao!  I am definitely a swooner. 

Karen M.
on 11/22/11 12:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sounds like you're doing great Julie - good for you!  Those first bites of food truly are fantastic, aren't they.  I swear, the first time I got to have mashed potatoes I was in heaven.

Angels freakin' sang.

Seriously.

lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Radiogirl39
on 11/22/11 12:54 am - Canada
Ahahaha! That's what it felt like, angels singing. 

Thanks, I've been lucky so far with no complications.  Fingers and toes still crossed though.
Most Active
Recent Topics