10 days post op

Tristan Shular
on 10/30/11 12:22 am - Barrie, Canada
well i am 10 days post op so far. things are going ok. i am so unbelievably thirsty that all i want to do is gulp water but all i can do is sip and it isnt satisfying at all :( i must say i am getting sick of cream soups, yogurt, oatmeal.....i cant wait to move onto puree. i havent taken any percs in 4 days which is great!! i am not getting in enough protein, i cant stomach it. my steri strips have come off and my incisions are soooo itchy but i guess that means they are healing. they look good. i weighed myself on thursday and i am down to 250lbs :) i started before optifast at 272.5lbs!! anyways, just thought id rant lol
Referral was sent in April of 2011 and my Surgery is scheduled for Oct 20 of 2011 :D

sueberman
on 10/30/11 12:35 am
Sounds to me like you're doing great.  And I agree that you're itchy cause you're healing. I still get itchy on old scars.  Losing weight that fast is sure an incentive. 

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Moselle
on 10/30/11 1:13 am - Athens, Canada
Sounds like you are doing really well.  Just stick with the program and keep trying to up your protein as best you can. Have you tried greek yogurt with sf jam? It's good protein in this stage. I also tried a sf jello and greek yogurt fluff recipe off the eggface website that turned out to be really tasty. You can also do sf pudding with milk and protein powder mixed in to give you a little extra.

Keep up the good work. It gets easier everyday.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Megan M.
on 10/30/11 1:59 am - Canada
You're moving right along nicely.  Just keep sipping constantly if you can.  SF popsicles helped me alot, if you can find them.  Try some diluted juice or crystal ligh****er as well to keep your hydration up.  It'll work itself out, just be patient.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

tango123
on 10/30/11 2:33 am
Well it sounds like you are right on track. I too felt thirty all the time. try crushing some ice and left it melt in your mouth. It will keep it wet.
Keep up the good work.
Brenda T.
on 10/30/11 8:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Glad to hear your update. Sounds like you are doing pretty well.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics