worst weekend ever!

Brandy S.
on 10/10/11 4:14 am - Sudbury, Canada
I spent yesterday sitting in emerge for 6 hours, for them to tell me I have a UTI, but the dr wants me back in the am to do blood work and to see him even tho he wasnt on call.. so another 4 hours later, he confirms yes I do have infection in my urine.
it is the worst feeling ever, having to sit up in a hospital for hours this fresh out of surgery, you just cant get comfortable.  Not to mention how friggn painful this infection is, and its making me dizzy dizzy dizzy..
I go see my family dr this thursday so I will discuss all this with her, and I am waiting for a call for my 4 week post op visit.

Just a little venting :)

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Thanksgiving!!!!
Brandyyy  
MrsJButler
on 10/10/11 4:24 am - Canada
Aw sorry to hear your day sucked. Our ER in Simcoe was an 8 hour wait all day yesterday too. Hope you can take something to help you out.
All the best!
mom4life
on 10/10/11 8:36 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Hijack ~ Sorry, but I just wanted to invite you out to meet some of us local gals since your post says you are in Simcoe.  We are a small but loyal and dedicated group.  WE meet in Delhi the second and last Tuesday of each month at Styles Restaurant for coffee/dinner/conversation...whatever.  If you would like more details, just send me a PM.  Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Moselle
on 10/10/11 4:27 am - Athens, Canada
I hope that whatever they gave you clears up your UTI quickly so that you are able to start feeling better. It's bad enough to be recovering from the surgery without the added bonus.  Take care and make sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids to help flu**** out of your system.

Hugs
Eileen C.
on 10/10/11 4:30 am - Cornwall, Canada
So sorry to hear that you are not well Brandy

Did the doc at emerg not give you some kind of meds to help with contolling the infection???

Have you tried any home remedies??

Hope you are feeling better soon

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Brandy S.
on 10/10/11 9:39 am - Sudbury, Canada
I bought some cranberry juice.. the diet one, and it tastes awful lol..
I did get a perscription but can pick it up until tomorrow . Everything was closed today. but they did give me a dose today and lastnight.
Brandyyy  
BrigitteD
on 10/10/11 4:55 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Hope ypu feel better soon.

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

AllaP
on 10/10/11 5:27 am - Vaughan, Canada
 So sorry,Brandy. Please get better fast.

Huggs,
Alla.
Megan M.
on 10/10/11 5:32 am - Canada
What a way to spend the weekend.  Sorry to hear you're unwell, but hopefully you're on the mend.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Lorraine M.
on 10/10/11 5:35 am - Canada
Hi Brandy,

So sorry to hear about your UTI. I just got over one a few months ago and I know it can be really painful. I guess you heard all the home remedy stuff, cranberry juice, cranberry pills, lots and lots of water by the jug just stay close to the bathroom you are going to pee alot which is good. Finally amoxicillan knocked it out after tries with cipro something and moxi something I forget all the names.

But you hang in there and get insistent that they treat you.Try to get to see a family doctor, any one sooner than Thursday. It seems like the mandate for emergs these days is just to send people home. They don't seem to want to treat anyone anymore unless you have a broken bone, heart attack, or gunshots (yes I live in good old T.O.).

Hope you get better soon,

Most Active
Recent Topics